People who want the recommend button back. A petition

superking

I’d like it back. It would be good to see a recommend yourself feature as well (y’know like how you can give yourself a thumbs up on Facebook). Just in case you say something really clever or funny, but no one else gets it.

LOL

If we code it so that clicking “recommend post” takes that recommendation and reallocates it to the poster with the greatest need then I support bringing it back.

Yes, I want it back. Don’t know why anyone would not want it; it’s optional but people like it.

BOO !

i’d like to recommend superking’s post here. Only I can’t anymore.

So add me:
Nuit

Me too.

while we’re at it…

There was a recommend button?

Glad to see you’re still trying to make a difference, yo. :laughing:

Oh, yeah, you :slight_smile:. You received a zillion recommends, and never gave any out.

Me too. Though I would still fancy a dancing Japanese multipurpose Android much more.
Well okay, the recommend button then.

[quote=“bob_honest”]Me too. Though I would still fancy a dancing Japanese multipurpose Android much more.
Well okay, the recommend button then.

[/quote]

How good is that movie bruv? watched it 3 times over the weekend.

Oh, yeah, you :slight_smile:. You received a zillion recommends, and never gave any out.[/quote]

Lol. Actually I never upgraded to Fcom gold or whatever it was so the function was not available to me.

Why has it disappeared in the first place?

No longer being able to let someone know that i appreciate a post of theirs has made Forumosa much “colder” for me, and i seem to visit much less. But then, i am pleasantly busy with what i am doing elsewhere, so… whatever… shrug…

I am reminded of the Japanese SNS “Mixi” that used to have “footprint” information: you could see who had visited your profile. This was an immensely popular feature (can you imagine why?). Anyway, one day it got removed, without any explanation, and that SNS is now only a shadow of its former self (evolution in action).

Narcissism.

When we moved the site to a new server recently, and made a transitional upgrade to the phpbb software that it runs on, we found this previous modification didn’t work anymore. We plan to upgrade to the most recent version of phpbb soon. Once that’s been accomplished we’ll work on getting this feature back in service.

The focus on attracting new members to ask three line questions on where to get the milk was a massive failure. a Facebook group can do that. Did the owners ever stop to think that if they didn’t appreciate the people who contribute their insights to the forum instead of trying to run up numbers of users (who mostly are one post transactional) the things just made the site useful and great, its core members, would be lost. There’s never been any appreciation shown to the core members, it’s a joke. No focus on creating great content or discussions.

The site has obviously been badly mismanaged but due to lack of competition in the anonymous discussion forum
Area it lumbers on somehow pulling In a few bucks from
Here and there.

Not having a tapatalk link, another inexcusable omission.

It has to be said having an intelligent English outlet of any kind in Taiwan is always going to be a challenge given the minuscule number of people who can converse intelligently in English here. :slight_smile:.

Thanks! :slight_smile: