Perfect Weather

To the west I can see the hills above Sanxia, clear as day. To the northesast I can see Guanyinshan, Beitou and Tianmu. If that’s pollution, then bring it on! :laughing:[/quote]

Odd because here in Bitan I can smell the ozone at ground level and see haze everywhere.[/quote]

Odd because from Taipei Main Station I can’t see 101…

To the west I can see the hills above Sanxia, clear as day. To the northesast I can see Guanyinshan, Beitou and Tianmu. If that’s pollution, then bring it on! :laughing:[/quote]

Odd because here in Bitan I can smell the ozone at ground level and see haze everywhere.[/quote]

Odd because from Taipei Main Station I can’t see 101…[/quote]
Yes, that’s because you’re right in the thick brownish yellow pall of filth hanging over the entire Muddy Basin. I’m looking down on it right now. Yangmingshan is clear as a bell from where I am, 20 or so kilometrers away. Just remember to breathe as shallow as possible. :thumbsup:

Autumn is here early this year. No question about it. Lovely!

Does that mean early sand storms too?

Sand storms are a late winter/early spring phenomenon.

I live directly across the river from Guanyinshan and looking at it through the window is looking through a wall of haze. (and no, it’s not because the window is dirty)

I live directly across the river from Guanyinshan and looking at it through the window is looking through a wall of haze. (and no, it’s not because the window is dirty)[/quote]
Yeah, but you’re looking from sea level. I’m looking directly across at the top part of the hill. Or I was. I’m in the office now and can’t see very far at all, although I’m looking out the window at Sungjiang Rd and can still the hills to the south of the city from here. Vaguely.

You might need to go outside.

Anyhow, I can see Yamingshan from Xindian at the moment, and I am at rat level, so it can’t be that bad today. Mind you, it is getting on towards evening…

I don’t often wear white khakis, but when I do, I wait for a perfect day like today.

You need to get down the gym and work on those legs.

2 Likes

You’re right about the legs but I’m wearing long pants since I’m working today.