Personal Trainer rates

How much does it cost to have a personal trainer at a gym in Taipei? I can’t find any prices online and I am in no mood to be sat down in a club and go thru the sales spiel. Please let me know what you’ve heard or pay. thx.

1500 a session seems to be the standard. Some trainers will train two people at a time for a better value; I train with my cousin for 2000.

Depends, usually they try to get you to buy a package for as low as 1000-1200 a session. But you need to buy 10-20 of them. When I did that, I usually charged around 1500 each time.

Yeah, forgot to mention that we always pay for 8 sessions in advance. Most trainers seem to do it this way. Package deal.

A session is one hour?

Yes. Usually.

Just watch some youtube videos and save your money

6 Likes

I’m asking cuz it is info to be used in a paper I am writing. But also, I hope someone searching for same question, now has answer.

You’d be surprised. Of maybe hundreds of students in group and personal training. Not one understood how to properly do a crunch and sit up. And they’ve been doing them for a long time. It’s actually amazing. It’s one of the most basic movements everyone thinks they know how to do yet 99% of people do it wrong. It’s the same with almost all basic movements. People don’t do it correctly. Even I have a trainer I work with to watch me from different angles and look for any deficiencies and imbalances.

Generally its 1600-1800 at World Gym, but it comes at the World Gym premium. However, it includes a pretty decent cool down massage after which means no muscle pain later. I think it’s worth it.

Thanks for info. How about… How much do Personal Trainers take home monthly?

Depending on how many clients they have and the percentage of the cut the gym and trainer gets from each session. Places like world gym take a ridiculous 80% of the cut.

My price range is looking for $600 or less. Was quoted $1500/hr everywhere I went.
Just did a lot of mountain hiking instead and saved that cost.

I got one free lesson at anytime fitness, and declined continuing after hearing the prices (starts at 1200 per session for 12 sessions I think). That was enough information to keep me going for a while. Next time the gym gets a new trainer there will be another offer of a free session which I’ll take to make sure I’m on the right track.

No way am I paying more per session than I do per month for the membership.

Fantastic channel: https://m.youtube.com/user/JDCav24 the exercise that he recommends to fix lower back pain is amazing.

It’s all about motivation.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oeG9r6HxJgE

He is really good yeah!
Eats very clean too all year round except for his birthday.

Any recommendations?

I’m not sure if personal trainers are terrible or if the market demands “new” and “innovative” things each time a person steps in a gym - the ‘variety’ of lifts that I see trainers have people do is impressive.

Before gyms were closed, a pair of people, through mutual friends, reached out and asked for help in figuring things out in the gym. I thought it could be interesting and said that I could write a few things up and walk them through the basic lifts over 3-5 sessions. No…they wanted somebody to go to the gym with them every time…forever…and, I don’t know, either hold their water bottle or something of that sort.