Pet Crematorium

Does anyone know the address or contact details of the pet crematorium in ShenKeng? Or another good one?

Many thanks.

Sean

Sandman just texted me the info. Thanks, sandman.

If anyone needs such a service, this place provides a very respectful service: kang Ning, in ShenKeng, phone 02 2662 1087 or 02 2664 1826.

Also one in Sansia, called Tse Ai, phone 8676 2111 (not sure of code - sorry).

Sean

Did you check out the upstairs part Sean? Kind of weird but also touching – goldfish ashes only need a very small urn!

We didn’t, but did you look out the window behind the ovens? They’ve placed mirrors outside so that you can see the smoke from your pet’s oven going up nto the sky.

The view from there is quite nice, too - right next to a river.

All in all, it took about three hours, so be prepared for a long wait. The people there were very corteous and very respectful of the deceased pet and mourners.

It costs nt$2,000 to cremate a pet with others, NT$5,000 if you want the animal to be cremated alone - NT$6,000 if over 10 kg. They are very careful about how they handle the remains and the ashes.

I was very impressed and, IMO, it was well worth the money, as it is a cremation and service all in one. They also give you a nice marble urn to take the ashes away, or you can pay a little extra to get a better one - but the one they give you is fine, I thought.

Thanks for the tip, sandman - it really did the job.

Sean

[quote=“Stray Dog”]They are very careful about how they handle the remains and the ashes.

I was very impressed and, IMO, it was well worth the money, as it is a cremation and service all in one. They also give you a nice marble urn to take the ashes away, or you can pay a little extra to get a better one - but the one they give you is fine, I thought.

Thanks for the tip, sandman - it really did the job.

Sean[/quote]

They are. The staff there are unobtrusive and very respectful. Sandman, thanks for giving Sean the information and Sean, once again thanks (publicly) for all the help you gave me/us on Saturday. I don’t think I would have had the wherewithal to do that myself let alone get there.

Many Thanks

Bob

For what it’s worth Bob, a glass of Guinness was quietly raised on Saturday on your patio in memoriam.

We often rescue strays, and sometimes they don’t make it. Often newborn kittens are brought to us, and we’ve had three die pretty quickly, within hours after arrival, just in the past month. We thought about a woodland burial but were too busy caring for the remaining three kittens this time. Our vet said that if he accepted the bodies he would charge something like $1200, but if they were strays we could hand their bodies over to the “Love for Animals, Care for Life” Charity Animal Hospital at no charge. It’s in Xizhi, almost next door to a Ford dealer and diagonally across from and just west of the Xizhi Costco, at Da4tong2 rd. Sec. 1, #141. They’re only open 9:30-6:30 M-F; the number is 8691-5007. They have been really wonderful and helpful on several occasions recently, by the way.