Phantom PM notifications

What’s up with this? I’m getting notifications in my gmail of PMs that don’t exist.

[quote=“Jaboney”]What’s up with this? I’m getting notifications in my gmail of PMs that don’t exist.[/quote]I PM’d you to say that I disagreed with everything you’d ever written, then thought better of it and deleted it.

:wink:

Seriously, that’s what probably happened. Someone PM’d you then changed their mind for some reason.

Three, four, five times?
That’s a whole lot of waffling.

This problem is likely to be connected to the mail queue delays reported elsewhere. Whenever you visit your PM Inbox, your “New PMs” switch is toggled. So if you received 4 or 5 new PMs, and checked your PM Inbox after you saw the first notification after a long delay, then received the subsequent notifications and went back to check for them, it might seem like there are phantom PMs. In fact, you had read them all that first time around.

This is one explanation for the phenomenon that could be explained by the mail server delays of this week. We think we’ve stamped the bug out already, so post here again if you are still getting phantom PMs

Wait…

You’re getting PMs from beyond the grave???