Phone bill getting you down?

I’m guessing my phone bill is about 8,000 for this week alone. Talking to my new girlfriend every night for 3-4 hours on her cell…it’s got to be killing me.
She says there is a cell phone company called “Ya Tie”. If you use this company you can call anyone else who also uses “Ya Tie” for free. That’s what my girlfriend’s brother and his girlfriend use.
I’m figuring I should save money in the first couple of days by getting a 2nd phone through this company. Now, if I can just do something about the brain cancer I’m going to get talking to her every night.

Use a landline.

When it comes to advice, Mr. He, you have a marvelous economy with words. :bravo:

Well, no need to waste more words on this than necessary.

That said, skype might be good too.

I think a lot of the different carriers have a service like this. TaiwanDageda has a service like this as well.

Really? That’s what I’m using now…hmmm…I’ll phone them and ask about it. Thanks.

Oh and a landline wouldn’t help much since we live in different counties. I’d still be paying long distance fees.

My phone bill is getting down … not getting me down … phone smart … that’s what you need to do … or look for another girlfriend who has the right phone company :laughing:

Skype is the answer. Either that or calling cards.

[quote=“Mordeth”]Really? That’s what I’m using now…hmmm…I’ll phone them and ask about it. Thanks.

Oh and a landline wouldn’t help much since we live in different counties. I’d still be paying long distance fees.[/quote]
She’d have to get a dageda phone too though, and I think you need to have a post paid plan for it. It might be easier to get one from the company she’s using now (either way works though).

The way the Taiwandageda works is you give them a number to link to and you can call that number for really really cheap (like .002NT/sec or something). I think they also have some kind of sweet heart plan where you can talk unlimited to your “sweet heart” (I think that’s the 901 plan).

Every carrier has some kind of special thing like that (I’m pretty sure of it anyway).

[quote=“miltownkid”][quote=“Mordeth”]Really? That’s what I’m using now…hmmm…I’ll phone them and ask about it. Thanks.

Oh and a landline wouldn’t help much since we live in different counties. I’d still be paying long distance fees.[/quote]
She’d have to get a dageda phone too though, and I think you need to have a post paid plan for it. It might be easier to get one from the company she’s using now (either way works though).

The way the Taiwandageda works is you give them a number to link to and you can call that number for really really cheap (like .002NT/sec or something). I think they also have some kind of sweet heart plan where you can talk unlimited to your “sweet heart” (I think that’s the 901 plan).

Every carrier has some kind of special thing like that (I’m pretty sure of it anyway).[/quote]

Thanks a lot miltown. If only I had known this 10,000nt ago…

:laughing:

Why do you think I know? :laughing:

901.tcc.net.tw/

There’s the Taiwandageda one. Translates to something like “Call your ho and save some doe.”

Agreed on the calling cards. My wife buys (equivalent of) NT$200 cards here in Oz. She get over 300 minutes per card.

www.skype.com
Best thing in the world for keeping the phone bills down.