Photography class/course (In English!)

How’s [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/cihl-hockey/42264/10 Who’s thinking they might show up? If there’s much interest, I could try to swing out of work a bit early, and say meet at jlick’s Subway at 7:00.
(I need a pregame bite, and I’m really enjoying those pizzas.)
Be a great chance to meet a few new people, and how can you go wrong between clicks, Subs, and pucks?

How about a show of hands on this one?
I’m in.

:sunglasses: Hope this works out. Just let me know by PM if and when y’all want this moved to Events or somewhere else.

To all those of you out there who are expecting the photography club to start…

…I am so sorry but I have been rushed back to the UK with a very serious illness. It looks unlikely that I will be returning to Taiwan.

The good news is that there are loads of you out there interested and if someone else stepped up I’m sure something could be worked out. The community centre in Tien Mu were being very helpful and I’m sure they would continue to be. I had designed a flyer/leaflet for the wall and tables there and also NY Bagel etc. If people are still interested and someone steps up you are welcome to use it (if no one has any better designs!!)

Again, I am really sorry, I only wish things could have been different. Hope it works out and gets started up anyway.

Tara-Leigh

Sorry to hear that Tara-Leigh. Hope everything works out ok for you. All the best.

Tara-Leigh,
Get well son.

You guys,
We can’t let this idea die. It just sounds like too much fun. So let’s just go ahead and get things started, shall we? Let’s all get together for a quick bite and try to figure out how many people are interested, what we want from the club, how often the club should meet, where…etc. etc.

[quote=“Battlepanda”]Tara-Leigh,
Get well son.

You guys,
We can’t let this idea die. It just sounds like too much fun. So let’s just go ahead and get things started, shall we? Let’s all get together for a quick bite and try to figure out how many people are interested, what we want from the club, how often the club should meet, where…etc. etc.[/quote]

Good idea. How’s the last weekend in January sound?

mm…so which means on Jan.26th or Jan 27th, right?

yeah, 26/27.

Stuck in the office Saturday 12-8, and Sunday 3-7, followed by hockey.
:frowning:

Let’s have a meeting on the evening of Saturday, 26th. Say 9p.m. so that Jaboney Subsequent meeting should be during the day so that we have light to go shoot. But for meet and greet it really doesn’t matter.

So what’s a good location? Let’s find a good quiet coffee shop or something. I’m in the Guting area.

Dear All:

I could help to check everyone’s schedule on Jan.25th/26th, then come out the the date and time for “the first coffee time.”

Just send me a personal message before Jan. 23rd.
Please offer your suggestion on the location or any ideal coffee shop.

Or we already set the time and date @9pm on 26th?

chih

Don’t plan around my schedule. I’ve learned that I’ll also have a coaching activity Sunday morning, so I’m screwed. I’ll try to meet up with everyone, but it doesn’t look like I’ll be sharing in the fun beyond that.

Hey guys,
So this is very exciting…I met two more people possibly interested in the club, including Darren Melrose, an experienced photographer with a bunch of ideas and David Reid, of the blog David on Formosa.

I think there really is a pent up demand for this club to happen…let’s get the show on the road. I’m starting an email list of those interested. Please IM me if you want to be added.

Chiu Yu, have you received many replies? Because I’m thinking that if not, we should just pick a time and start publicizing this thing already.

Dear Battlepanda:

well…it seems everyone is very busy.

I have not received any personal message for making up the date and time.

It is good idea that set a date &time.

Personal prefer on Saturday night, many thanks.

Chih yu

most probably not … i think most are just waiting for a specific date and place… and see if they can meet the schedule. like me … im just watching this thread and is highly interested in it…

Name a place and time that weekend and I’ll be there.

As mentioned by Battlepanda, I am interested. Won’t be able to make it this month, but I will look forward to February.

Hi Darren, welcome to f.com.

Hi folks, am new to the boards. Will be relocating to Taipei end of February.
Looking forward to joining this photography club if it does materialize. Would sure be cool to shoot with you folks and make more friends in the process as well :slight_smile: