Picnic in Kaohsiung

The top looks like this (sorry I don’t have any daylight photos)

1 Like

The beach areas, some have grass area. Also grass at Culture Centre(Also call CKS Centre locally) has people sitting , cafes nearby too.

The problem is the grass has dried out all over Kaohsiung. Not great for picnics in general.
I suggest a bike ride around Chengqing lake or Lotus Lake and stop off at some cafes instead.

worst idea I have ever heard for a picnic lol

Does anyone know the name of the park with loads of caves? it’s a mountain area, I think it was north kaohsiung. there was a nice open area with scattered trees. I remember it being pretty cool, but cant remember the name or where it was for the life of me.

Was there again today. This time wandered more than usual and looked specifically for these things, didnt see either. But it was quite busy and the grass was brown where it hadn’t turned to dust, so not good for canoodling

Maybe I just went there the day after Dog Thanksgiving. All I can say is, I saw a lot of Alpo pies on the ground and came pretty close to stomping on one. Good to hear if it’s cleaned up. Homeless usually on the bench near where the Ubike stand is, across from the Starbucks (on the side closest to Kaohsiung Arena) or sometimes near the children’s playground in the middle.

1 Like