Pictures of bikes on www.thb.gov.tw

I am not sure if someboday has posted this before, and perhaps the biker folks know about this already, but I didn’t and I find it really cool.

Go to thb.gov.tw/main_03.htm

and click on the link 機車型號查詢 in the left hand menu (the 7th link from the top) to find a list of links to pictures of (all in Taiwan available?) bikes from the following brands. Three pictures each, front rear and from the side. The quality of the pictures varies from really bad to acceptable.

BMW
BUELL
CAGIVA
DUCATI
HARLEY-DAVIDSON
HONDA
KAWASAKL [sic!]
KTM
MOTO GUZZI
MV AGUSTA
SOUTHERN ILLUSION
SUZUKI
TRIUMPH
易立歐
展將
景興發
APRILIA
SACHS
錦詮
PIAGGIO
協隆
BENELLI
APC
鉅翁
瑞能
三陽SYM
山葉YAMAHA
比雅久PGO
光陽KYMCO
台鈴SUZUKI
偉士牌VESPA
電動機車
哈佛特
永豐
易維特

I believe those pictures may be the ones that are used by officials to check whether a bike has been illegally modified. When you transfer ownership of a bike, the officials check it against pictures on a computer screen to see that it matches up.

A friend was getting his bike safetied…they made him take off the sliders because it didn’t match the picture with them on. He had to pay for two tests. :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:

hey, that is cool, your dancing avatar dances to the rhythm of the Strokes, Meet me in the bathroom. Am I off-topic?

wonder about the clear indicators and tail light i put on… and my crash bars to protect the engine… and my tank pad… and… errr…

… and wtf?? i just looked at the z1000 for interest… wtf are those heatshield looking things on the exhaust??? i’ve never seen them before… edit wtf… even the hayabusa has strange lookin heat shields on the exhaust…

edit again WTF!!! look in aprilia… RS250!!! screw my hornet… i want the RS…

My bike, Honda CBR954RR looks like a photo of the Loch Ness monster. I’d better paint my bike white and gray before the next inspection.

does that mean i have to unmount the mirrors (like on some hartford models) and wrap the bike in plastic, too?
you never stop wondering…

Took the car in to get tested today…it failed because the headlight bulbs gave off a white light…and not a yellow one.