Pilot Guides in Taiwan (and Hong Kong)

pilotguides.com/tv_shows/pil … taiwan.php

Am slightly annoyed by a statement made in the episode guide above (Taiwan is one of China’s little dragons… or something)

But anyway, for those living in Australia, this episode is airing tonight on the ABC at 6pm

[quote=“She”]http://www.pilotguides.com/tv_shows/pilot_guides/shows/Asia/hong_kong_and_taiwan.php

Am slightly annoyed by a statement made in the episode guide above (Taiwan is one of China’s little dragons… or something)

But anyway, for those living in Australia, this episode is airing tonight on the ABC at 6pm[/quote]

Sounds demeaning, but, this is a common term used for the 3 China’s which are now 2 China’s and maybe 1 China in a little while.

Probably alway be know as the little dragons anyway.

Damn…I thought this was about actual pilot guides as in airplane pilot guides.

As Taiwan has almost no private aircraft operation, similar to its amazing lack of private/pleasure boat operation, this piqued my interest.

Not a bad itinerary for Taiwan. I’m glad they showed something new like Orchid Island and the Chung Tai Chan temple in Puli. That is someplace every visitor to the island should pay a visit to. Amazing structure complimented by English speaking nuns who use the temple’s art and architecture to explain with living examples Buddhisms history, iconography, rituals and tenets.

Taroko Gorge, blah blah blah. Why not show how easy it is to get to beautiful natural sights just outside Taipei?

Jade Mountain? Beautiful to be sure, but why not show some of the great hiking trails that don’t require a guide and cold weather equipment? Dammit, haven’t they read the new Lonely Planet? :laughing: