Pingtung: Jobs? Mates?

My first time posting, though I have been in Taiwan for a few years now. Recently, I fell in love with an amazing girl from Pingtung and her parents have just recently bought a house there that they want us to move into. We are currently living in Taichung together, but want to move to Pingtung ASAP.

I am reaching out in the hopes that someone here might have contacts in Pingtung or some leads on schools there where I could teach English. I do not have a JRFV yet, so at least at first, will need an ARC supporting school (will hopefully get a JRFV in a few months, but want to move before then).

Thank you so much!

In a former life I was a semi-resident of Pingtung. With the opening of the tech park, and the extension of the No. 3 highway, things have changed a bit but:

1. You’ll love the weather (I did)
  2. It has some exceptionally pretty areas.
  3. I really enjoy the food there
  4. It’s a slower more “country” style lifestyle. (I like that).

But…

1. Trash burning mouth-breather quotient is very high
  2. The nearest Western food is Kenting or KaoHsiung

There are a couple of long-termers down there, but I’ve never met them in the meat world. In fact I almost never saw any other foreigners, but then I was in the sticks.

Yeah I found Pingdong to be fantastically beautiful in parts (not the towns or industrial parts). Real subtropical but with awesome mountains to boot. There’s a guy called Pingdong (helpful that) who you could PM here.

Theres a lot, we hide :wink: The area he is going is near a lot of foreigners actually. One may be surprised how many of us there are out here.

Waterfalls still a bit chilly though. not REALLY tropical, but close enough.