🌴 Pingtung | Tourism in Pingtung (excluding Kending)

Pork from a brewery?

Brewing company, yes. Most companies have more than one business.

Seen as youre in pingtung, check out the tsingtao brewery. i dont suppor tthem cause they are chinese, but their little museum is interesting and their little love peddal boats at their outdoor bar/restaraunt is fun drunk at night.

Been there.

I’m bored this morning and my work computer’s internet connection is working again. Hooray! Since I now have access to my pictures I thought I’d post some here.

Fangshan, just south of Jialu.

Dapeng Bay bridge.

Fangliao Fishing Port.

Jialeshui.

The dune area on the other side of Manzhou, I’m forgetting the name right now.

The bay next to that same dune area.

The Liloong Mountain Trail.

Near the Southern Cross-Island Highway.

11 Likes

Brilliant photos! Thanks for posting!

Guy

1 Like

Nice pics. are the sand dunes youre tlking about the Jiupeng area where the jeeps like to take tourists?

1 Like

Great photos

1 Like

I’m not sure about jeeps, but I’ve see ATVs there.

Ha ha that was the first place my wife’s Hakka family took me when I was visiting. Didn’t notice how sucky it was because I was in good company and good spirits.

1 Like

You know these “Hakka Cultural Centers” around Taiwan are (as far as I’ve seen) dumpster fires—glorifying settler colonialism in the name of a multicultural Taiwan. On top of bad politics, they are boring too.

Guy

If he means this one it was quite nice when i was there a few months ago.

Damn tough crowd. I used to always take my daughter to play. Good sidewalks trees, fields fish ponds etc. Its a great park for kids!

1 Like

#10, you mention good places to eat? Any new finds?

2 Likes

I liked the one in Kaoshuing, some fun, food, crafts

1 Like

The one in Tongluo, Miaoli, the one on the hill that looks like a spaceship from the distance, how much money did they spend on that one? Inside it’s just, meh… Feels like a total waste of tax payer money in a county that has visible signs of being the least developed in Taiwan.

But back to topic.

There is a new indigenous market place in Pingtung City I have heard. Anyone been there? Has probably been closed due to Covid lately.

I love projects that involve giving old buildings a new purpose. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It happens. I remember going there on a spring day once, getting pleasantly drunk, and having a good time. Afterward went back there with other people, didn’t have any beer, and thought it was the lamest thing ever.

1 Like

In Pingtung City? This Indian restaurant’s better than anything I’ve had in Kaohsiung.

Burgers? This place is not bad, even if the service sucks.

Though I actually like the burger here better (it’s a chain. there’s another in Kaohsiung)

Other foods? I’ve eaten there many times, but I can’t remember the names of any restaurants. I can remember having TERRIBLE Vietnamese food near the central market, teppanyaki in a few places, and a forgettable hot pot somewhere else.

1 Like

I second that indian place. I used to eat there quite often, really good.

2 Likes

Although i used to really hate the traffic mess up there when i would be working in the area, the tree was pretty cool. RIP

Taiwan township to hold funeral for giant cherry tree | Taiwan News | 2021-09-09 19:15:00

1 Like

Famous food in DongGuan, the Sakura Shrimp (in this case fried rice which is $110 in this nice seafood cafe where other dishes are over a thousand). No need visit Subway in the town or area.

Sakura shrimp - Wikipedia

1 Like