Piper American School and MIRO Kids school

Hi,
Has anyone heard of these schools: Piper American School and MIRO Kids school ? they are in Hsinchu. MIRO has a “good looking” website, but I wanted to know if anyone has heard of these schools, good or bad! I’m thinking of working at one of them.

Does 8:30-12:00, 2:00-6:20 for $68,000 seem good or bad to you folks? The 6:20pm seems a bit late to me when you start at 8:30am. Plus there an “office hour” from 1:30-2:00.

Whaddaya think?

I think you’re working more than 8 hours a day. That seems a little extreme for Taiwan. I do 6 contact hours a day for $65,000. Find out how many of those hours are contact hours. You have to think about prep time, and grading time too. Do they supply a curriculum and class materials? If you have to create your own class thats a lot more time.

The hours are in no way out of the norm for Taiwan. My school runs until 8:10pm. Many of these kids go to other cram schools and the English school is simply setting up a schedule to work around these.

I’d think a little bit more and do some more comparision shopping before accepting this position. Unless there are a lot of hidden perks there are probably better jobs.

There are much better jobs out there!

You would be working almost 8.5 hours per day.
8.5 hours x 5 days a week = 42.5 hrs/week = 170 hrs/month
$68,000/month divided by 170 hrs/month = $400/hour. :astonished:

I work 25 hours/week and make $64,000/month. You do the math.

There are MUCH better jobs out there than the one you are looking at.