Pizza and Coffee cafe in Pingtung

Truer words have never been spoken! Especially as a man. To which i mean: Men are far more appreciative than women about the simple things in life and can enjoy them without a social guilt trip contract. i would say we are like moms that lie to their children about how that terribly drawn birthday card is far better than that stupid day alone at home spa. Thats what you meant right? I mean pizza.

This will all make sense after the lunar new year holliday for those that just got offended by this perceived anti pizza/woman remark :slight_smile: if not, remember woman is a draconian term that doesnt represent real people and we need to respect pizzas as if they were pies. As such, us men want to be treated equal not so unlike the hot dog deserves the respect of the hamburger. And the burger deserves the rights of a steak. And vegans can all be treated as mentally ill narcissists.

Sorry. You mentioned sex.

2 Likes

OK, anyways enjoy your holiday ! My home food must be better than yours as I am seldom sick (can not remember being so) or maybe just used to it. (at the start, a few years I wondered if I would get an upset yummy, but not)

1 Like

Nice words from the wise man (is that you?)

2 Likes

Lol no I remember it from a cheesy movie I saw decades ago.

2 Likes

Surely, every man has thought about how to merge the 2 best things in life at one point.

wut

Guy

Ya, you just try and digest all that at the ass end of CNY. :kissing_heart:

i tried to hit all the triggers. Probably coulda ramped up a bit more racism. You know, for good measure during the holidays :slight_smile:

I’ll see what I can do. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

if you change Pizza to Food, then I agree (Pizza I do like it but not my favorite)

1 Like

More of a whipping cream kind of person then? Hard to disagree. The logisics of pizza is astronomically tricky.

1 Like

Thanks @DKaoshuing for the suggestion. Had One pizza :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Those look like solid pies!

Guy

1 Like

Ya, they were alright. Because im a veggie with my wifes mom, we tried the margarita and 4 cheese. Didnt try any meat ones ,but uncle saidthey had before and liked their pork one. Not sure exactly which haha. to be brutally honest the tomato sauce was quite sour on the margarita (probably from the can ,but props for not heavy on the sugar/salt/msg).

The 4 cheese pizza they put a sweet sauce on the 4 cheese :frowning: not super offensive like dominos, but still sweet. Although i only picked up a take out order i would say i liked their spot, a quick look seemed quite clean and the staff (i assume is a couple and the owners) were incredibly polite and lovely! That means a lot in my opinion! So for me i will go back for sure because it checked all the important boxes. I will request (at whatever they wish to charge) for extra cheese on the margarita to tame the tomato sauce acidity. Maybe a light dash of salt on top at home if still too sour.

Certainly request a non sweet version of the 4 cheese! Even with the walnut, it was nice. But te sweet was not welcome. The taiwanese family enjoyed the sweet ,so i understand why they do that for the local market. Next time i will simply ask i not put te sugar on and i think im good to go.

That said local family ennoyed a lot, so its clearly selling alright. The bread was good and i will absolutely go back because as of yet they are the best pizza in Dong gang i have had. Those 2 adjustments would take their 6 to 7~8 for my personal preferences in pingtung :slight_smile:
Satisfied. Thanks buddy, a solid reccomendation, theyre good.

2 Likes

Good you tried and found the place, and yes the four cheese is sweet but you ask make it less so next time. Small shop with brick oven, so good you can support it rather than the chains in town.

1 Like

How was Apple203?

Didnt have time to go. we were on the eat, drink and mahjong all night. Wasnt a day i woke up pre noon… will check ot out next time :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK. When you do go remember give a review.

1 Like

Finally went to this place recommended by @DKaoshuing was actually a couple of weeks ago but not had time to sort out the photos and post.

I have been driving past this place for years, sometimes up to 3 time a month (6 if you count there and back). It’s at a strange distance away, where its a little to close to home for a pitstop when traveling, but a little to far just to nip out and get some food, this isn’t really helped by the sign outside.

On our way home from Hengchun it was around 2/3pm on a Sunday, we was getting a bit hungry. we had skipped lunch and if you know Pingtung lunch is 11:30 till 1:30 then its dead till 4. The better half suggested we try this place as we keep driving past it.

It’s raining, I’m hungry so anything will do. From the sign outside I still wasn’t really expecting much. So I turn down this little muddy path, expecting to find a carpark and maybe some prefab building.

Well that’s not what happened, the path was muddy, but it went through a top notch landscaped garden and seating area, which directed you to a lower area for parking. You get to walk back through the garden to head to the restaurant, this is set back and more like a conservatory. It has a relaxed atmosphere and for you audiophiles a really nice sound system.

The food was good, we misread the menu and thought the pizza was 6" so we ordered 2, they where 11" so we ended up boxing half of each and taking it home, we also ordered some fish nuggets that came with a sort of vinaigrette salad, a Thai curry with flatbread and coffee (did I mention we was hungry).

The food was nice the dough for the flatbread and pizza was good, it had nice air pockets, with crispy bits on the top where it had caught, but still fluffy and a little substance in the middle.
We went for a vegetarian pumpkin pizza and a barbecue pork one, a little to much topping on the pumpkin for my liking but it was still nice, and my wife thought the Barbecue one could just a little sauce but I liked it. The coffee was nice, the roast was smooth and not bitter at all, it was just what I wanted at that time of day. The coffee although nice could have done with being a little hotter but I have found this a lot in Taiwan, maybe its how the locals like it.

Not many photos of the food, we was to busy eating, but we will defiantly be heading back here and if your in the area worth giving a try.

4 Likes

Nice looking place! Thanks for the great write up and photos!

Guy

Taiwan is #1 on this list Pizza-crust haters might actually have a reason to eat the entire slice in Taiwan:
You’ll never believe what Pizza Hut has put on pizza now (msn.com)

2 Likes