Pizza Hut pizzas suck

Oh man their sauce is great! When we lived in Shida we used to get it delivered to us every couple of weeks. Very nice pie.

The sauce is the key for me.

We live in Zhong Shan district near ICRT building. Would they deliver up our way? Any good places that deliver up in Zhong Shan district?[/quote]

[quote]11巷1號1樓 Jianguo S. Sec. 2, Lane 11, #1
2707-2121 open all year; hours: 1100-2000[/quote]
You can give them a call. I don’t know how far they will deliver.

My gf and I tried Larry’s NY style pizza this winter and loved it.

I agree Pizza Hut BLOWS. We ordered one like a month ago and I went and picked it up here in Donghu.

It had obviously been sitting around for an hour. It wasn’t hot and the cheese was all crusty (like a pizza gets when it isn’t fresh). The pepporoni tasted like liverwurst or something. Nasty.

The pepporoni tasted like they got it from the same people who make those awful 7/11 hotdogs. I dunno what the hell is wrong with those hotdogs but they taste like dogfood mixed with diarreah.

Sausages generally suck in Taiwan, and you have to hunt around to find good hot dogs, brats, pepperoni and so on. Even Jason’s doesn’t carry pepperoni! :loco: (There’s another thread for that, though.) The only local sausage I like is the nuo4mi3chang2 sticky rice sausages.

I think I know what’s wrong with Pizza Hut. Their managers have had too many concussions while riding scooters with crappy batting helmets on.

And how would you know that like?

Has Irishstu been cooking for his guests again? :noway:

Western ones do. Those gaoliang ones are good, though, specially made into a “hot dog” by sticking it into a lengthways-sliced rice sausage. That’s good eating, especially if you throw the dice right.

Actually I think Mosburger hotdogs are delicious.

Thats the only thing I eat there.

As for Taiwanese sausage, there is 1 stand in Dun Hua where the guy BBQ’s it and then adds hot sauce, and basil or garlic (whatever) in the center. Then he serves it on a stick.

I know there are tons of these type stands everywhere, but this one in particular is the best I have had. I will go so far as to say it is the most delicious sausage I have ever had. I wish my other guitarist and singer in Gifthorse could try one. They love that kind of thing.

[quote=“Gifthorse”]Actually I think Mosburger hotdogs are delicious.
[/quote]
They are crap! What’s wrong with you?

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“Gifthorse”]Actually I think Mosburger hotdogs are delicious.
[/quote]
They are crap! What’s wrong with you?[/quote]

Whats wrong with you? You have to act like you have a penis taped to your forehead?

All I stated was an opinion.

[quote=“Gifthorse”][quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“Gifthorse”]Actually I think Mosburger hotdogs are delicious.
[/quote]
They are crap! What’s wrong with you?[/quote]

Whats wrong with you? You have to act like you have a penis taped to your forehead?

All I stated was an opinion.[/quote]
A crap opinion.

In my opinion.

Actually Dr. Mccoy I just watched you play guitar in your video. Nice job.

Sorry, but if anyone baits me I am always ready to throw a nice burn at them like ‘penis taped to the forehead line’ which I just invented but its pretty good.

In the USA I can get great Italian sausage, and I can also get good hot dogs (ball park frank–cheap but good). But here I find it difficult. I tend to like Mosburger hotdogs, but thats because I don’t care for half a tomato on my burger, or the sauce.

I think if I want Taiwanese food (which I really love) I will go to Night market. But for American or Western food it can be tough sometimes to find what you want. For instance, I like Italian sausage spaghetti sauce. Can’t get that here so far in my experience. I like Fennel.

We used to serve pizza out of our backyard until the neighbors started calling the police :laughing:
Not like the police asked for anything more than a few slices… ah, Taiwan

[quote=“Gifthorse”]Actually Dr. Mccoy I just watched you play guitar in your video. Nice job.

Sorry, but if anyone baits me I am always ready to throw a nice burn at them like ‘penis taped to the forehead line’ which I just invented but its pretty good.

In the USA I can get great Italian sausage, and I can also get good hot dogs (ball park frank–cheap but good). But here I find it difficult. I tend to like Mosburger hotdogs, but thats because I don’t care for half a tomato on my burger, or the sauce.

I think if I want Taiwanese food (which I really love) I will go to Night market. But for American or Western food it can be tough sometimes to find what you want. For instance, I like Italian sausage spaghetti sauce. Can’t get that here so far in my experience. I like Fennel.[/quote]

Pay no attention to the man behind the tricorder.
you’ll have to cut Doc some slack, he’s from Yoklahoma, you know, which is famous for its hot dogs… :loco:
He is actually, Taiwan’s no-bullshit here authority on cheeseburgers, so sometimes it goes to his head.
As it turns out, I’m with you on the Mos dogs.
As far as I can recall, they’re the only ones you can get that have the “snap”, they’re made to order, and the buns are fresh and non-sweetened.
Wish the weenies were about 40% bigger, but, you know…
Here’s a little tip for Mos.
Go past all the Mos-titled burgers and go for the little straight-up cheeseburger.
Slider heaven.

They taste exactly like meatloaf, I shit you not.
3 or 4 of those, and you’re ready to wrassle an 8 point muley.
But don’t tell Doc I said so.

[quote=“Gifthorse”] You have to act like you have a penis taped to your forehead?

[/quote]

Don’t go looking that poster in the mouth Dr McCoy.

Urodacus wrote:

I think he/she has one: cooking. Dragonbones is consistently the most informative poster about food on Forumosa IMHO. What would we do without him/her?

RE: Pizza Hut. I stopped going there a few years ago when it became difficult to distinguish between the crust and the cardboard box it came in and the prices started going through the roof.

I disagree with the poster who equates Pizza Hut with Dominoes though. While not superior quality I find they make a decent, edible pie for when I need a mozzarella/carbohydrate fix. However, I only get a cheese without toppings and only on nights when I’m just too lazy to cook or go out. They also have two very good side dishes: Buffalo wings that are pretty close to the mark and chicken fingers that are actually tasty.

This past week I went down to get a take-out (I never call, just pop down and order and grab a beer at 7-11 while they make it) and the counter guy gave me a coupon in English for foreigners. Title: “For Our Overseas Friends” (I assume they mean foreigners living in Taiwan and not people phoning in a delivery order from Canada.) :s Anyway the offer is a one topping pie for NT$199 large and $99 medium. I thought that a pretty good deal. It is for carry out only though.

[quote=“the chief”]you’ll have to cut Doc some slack, he’s from Yoklahoma, you know, which is famous for its hot dogs… :loco:[/quote]I agree about the Mos stuff. But something that I’ve been wondering for a while is: what’s with the bolding of people’s names? They sound like UI strings.

[ol][li]To hear some great music, select Sandman > Poagao > Proto_tw > Noel.[/li]
[li]On the Forumosans of a Particular Size and Texture screen, choose Big Fluffy Matthew.
[/li]
[li]In the Smurfs of the Day list, choose either one of the following:
[ul][]daughters[/li]
[li]sa309[/li][/ul]
[/
:m]
[li]If you are not an ugly goat, touch Almas John.[/li]
[li]Press the chief to buy a round of beers.[/li][/ol]

:astonished: Those big, burly bikers and their weenie fetishes!

[quote=“Dark Horse”]Urodacus wrote:

I think he/she has one: cooking.[/quote]

:laughing: I’ve got more hobbies than I can count!

Dominoes is not as nasty as Pizza Slut. It is, however, like Napoli’s, mediocre.

IMHO.

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“Gifthorse”]Actually Dr. Mccoy I just watched you play guitar in your video. Nice job.

I think if I want Taiwanese food (which I really love) I will go to Night market. But for American or Western food it can be tough sometimes to find what you want. For instance, I like Italian sausage spaghetti sauce. Can’t get that here so far in my experience. I like Fennel.[/quote]

Pay no attention to the man behind the tricorder.
you’ll have to cut Doc some slack, he’s from Yoklahoma, you know, which is famous for its hot dogs… :loco:
He is actually, Taiwan’s no-bullshit here authority on cheeseburgers, so sometimes it goes to his head.
As it turns out, I’m with you on the Mos dogs.
As far as I can recall, they’re the only ones you can get that have the “snap”, they’re made to order, and the buns are fresh and non-sweetened.
Wish the weenies were about 40% bigger, but, you know…
Here’s a little tip for Mos.
Go past all the Mos-titled burgers and go for the little straight-up cheeseburger.
Slider heaven.

They taste exactly like meatloaf, I shit you not.
3 or 4 of those, and you’re ready to wrassle an 8 point muley.
But don’t tell Doc I said so.[/quote]

I have a tough time telling when someone is dishing it out here. I don’t really know Mccoy so it would be difficult to tell if he is being kind of a fartface or just being ‘cool’.

In any event, I was in a bad mood that night.

But I agree about Mosburger cheeseburger… Not bad, but for the price I would probably just get a Macdonald’s double cheeseburger (which is kind of expensive compared to the USA). Mos burger always fuckers up my order. They always use Mayo. I don’t eat mayo. It has happened 2 times. Also they take forever to give you the food. I felt like I needed to call for a reservation or something. The hotdogs don’t take long though, and I really think they are pretty good quality for Taiwan.

I mentioned the 7/11 dogs. Oh my god, its like they dip them in the toilet and then throw them on a bun. HORRIBLE!!

It has like no taste.

[quote=“Gifthorse”]I have a tough time telling when someone is dishing it out here. I don’t really know Mccoy so it would be difficult to tell if he is being kind of a fartface or just being ‘cool’.[/quote]The good doc was being neither. He is THE doctor. Stick around for some time before posting such nonsense.