Please Boycott and pressure new pet store

A large chain called 動物王國 (Kingdom of Animals) is opening branches all over Taipei. A new one opened near where I live and I went to check it out. It’s huge, with lots of brands and great prices. However, I immediately walked out when went to the back and saw that they are selling all the “hot” breeds of dogs. tons of puppies stuffed in cages. If you know anything about the lack of regulation of breeders here, you will know why this is troublesome.

Please do not support a place like this in any way. When I see a store that is selling dogs, I won’t even buy a rubber ball there. There are other pet stores all over Taipei that sell food and toys and instead of selling dogs, have posters in their windows of dogs that need adopted and some even do events to help the rescue associations. I just adopted a daschund abandoned by a breeder after it could no longer have puppies. The people profiting from these stores are sick in the f***ing head, so please, if you see a pet store selling dogs and cats, buy nothing from them.

[quote=“suiyuan31”]A large chain called 動物王國 (Kingdom of Animals) is opening branches all over Taipei. A new one opened near where I live and I went to check it out. It’s huge, with lots of brands and great prices. However, I immediately walked out when went to the back and saw that they are selling all the “hot” breeds of dogs. tons of puppies stuffed in cages. If you know anything about the lack of regulation of breeders here, you will know why this is troublesome.

Please do not support a place like this in any way. When I see a store that is selling dogs, I won’t even buy a rubber ball there. There are other pet stores all over Taipei that sell food and toys and instead of selling dogs, have posters in their windows of dogs that need adopted and some even do events to help the rescue associations. I just adopted a daschund abandoned by a breeder after it could no longer have puppies. The people profiting from these stores are sick in the f***ing head, so please, if you see a pet store selling dogs and cats, buy nothing from them.[/quote]

pet stores should be banned from selling animals as should puppy farms. Hobby breeders should be allowed to breed but with restrictions on numbers. That is my opinion anyway.

thepetitionsite.com/

Write up a letter of petition which gets the word out. A lot of people aren’t aware of the breeding conditions where the animals come from.

suiyuan 31, I like your attitude. :slight_smile:

Good for you. :bravo:

But I bet they’ll rake in the dough off all the local ladies looking for little puppies to stuff in their purses. I can’t imagine anyone could make a dent in those businesses unless you communicate your message to the masses of Taiwanese buyers who haven’t a clue that there’s anything wrong with buying from such stores.

26 hundred potential buyers on Forumosa; 26 million in Taiwan. :ponder:

[quote=“Mother Theresa”]Good for you. :bravo:

But I bet they’ll rake in the dough off all the local ladies looking for little puppies to stuff in their purses. I can’t imagine anyone could make a dent in those businesses unless you communicate your message to the masses of Taiwanese buyers who haven’t a clue that there’s anything wrong with buying from such stores.

26 hundred potential buyers on Forumosa; 26 million in Taiwan. :ponder:[/quote]
I’m not up to speed either. Care to fill me in?

I always bought dogs from pet owners who had had a litter back home, and I’ve never bought anything from a pet store. Too damn expensive. But didn’t know there was something dubious about it…