Please describe the very worst beer you have ever had

Don’t be silly. Everyone knows that Ireland is an integral and inseparable part of Britain. It’s just too bad that the reprobate Irish can’t make good beer like the Americans; Miller Genuine Draft and Budweiser are the best beers in the world, obviously.

Right I was going to get wound up but the MGB and Budweiser comment got the message across :sunglasses: .

The worst beer that I ever had was a Belgian beer I had a in a bar once. I like to try anything and figured it would be good to sample something other than my typical favorites. Little did I know that Kriek = Cherry, it would be bright pink and the beer would be served in a large wine glass. It didn’t taste good but I hated it.

the worst beers are the Ice beers where they take a crappy beer with no taste and increase the alcohol content. These taste ridiculously awful. If you only care about getting drunk then just do shots.

As far as beers that are supposed to be good (and some people like), I’m not a fan of pale ales (and similar). Sometimes I’ve found an acceptable one but usually I just don’t like them.

That’s because Kriek is supposed to be served hot like a spicy punch. It’s really a lovely beer drunk the proper way. You open the cap and put the bottle in a pot of water on the stove. When it starts to foam take it out and serve in a galss. Excellent Christmas beer. :thumbsup:

Coopers Pale Ale from Australia is a good one.

I kind of like Kestrel Super Strength. Better than Special Brew IMO.

Still thinking about the worst beer. Not too keen on Stella but I can drink it.

Has this, or Super T EVER been drunk inside a building? Bus shelters do not count.

Worst beer ever was something called “Bull Max.” Sold in 1.2L bottles and 8% alcohol. Meant to get you drunk fast and the taste was certainly not a high priority.

For a little while, many years ago, my Pop-in-law (not a restauranteer by a LONG shot) owned a restaurant outside Chia Yi at some tourist trap, the kind the buses stop at.
We went to visit at CNY, and he was all excited because when he inherited the joint, it had a Miller draft system, and he was all stoked to be able to serve me draft beer.
I don’t think the lines had ever been cleaned, and the keg was probably 6 months old, it was just like drinking cold slough water.
I absolutely could NOT finish the glass, no matter what I did, I couldn’t choke it down.
I think I poured it into the aquarium or something.

Back in college in the U.S., around 1983, there was a ridiculous sale on beer one time, something like $4.99 for a whole case of some beer I’d never heard of – I vaguely recall it being Black Label (which Wiki now informs me is owned by Pabst). So I bought a couple cases of it, and couldn’t even finish the first can. Truly awful stuff. I tried giving it away and nobody wanted it. :laughing:

I have to admit I’ve never tried Special Brew, but Tennant’s Super (Funk’s “Super T”) gives Kestrel a good run for its money. It is possible to make decent high-alcohol beer (the Oktoberfest Festbier is a good example), but when you combine high-alcohol with low price, you get gut-rot.

I think that practice is forbidden by law in Scotland.

Speaking of Stella, we used to (on rare occasions, after egging each other on) drink “Super Shandy” at university: half Stella, half Smirnoff Ice, with a shot of vodka in a pint glass. Absolutely, irredeemably foul.

Not sure if it is around any longer, but back in the younger days we would drink Johnny Three Leg Malt liquor when we would tire of Old E or Schlitz. The label on the back told the story about the name and I will post it here:

[color=#0000BF]"The story goes, that while driving on a country road, a man observed a chicken running alongside his car at great speed. The faster he drove, the faster the chicken ran to keep up with the car. Curious, the driver slowed down, and lo and behold, saw that it was a three legged chicken. The chicken turned off the road and ran toward a barn. The driver, following its path, spotted an old farmer near the barn. He approached the farmer and asked
‘Did you see a three legged chicken run by?’
‘Yes.’ replied the farmer, ‘We raise them here.’
‘Why?’ asked the driver.
‘Well,’ replied the farmer, ‘I like a drumstick, my wife likes a drumstick, and my child likes a drumstick, so we decided to raise three legged chickens, so we could all have a drumstick.’
‘But,’ asked the driver, ‘do they taste as good as the regular drumsticks?’
‘I don’t know.’ replied the farmer, ‘They run so fast that we have not been able to catch one yet.’

We hope you enjoyed our story, and that you like the name of our product, and will think about it the next time you are out shopping for a malt liquor."[/color]

40ozmaltliquor.com/archive/johnny3legs.html

I dunno. Isn’t it a bit like trying to describe the worst ever blowjob you received?

Mine ‘beer’ is pretty awful, but I can still hold it down. Don’t think I ever came across a beer I couldn’t hold down.

I remember once drinking a beer that I had to pay for. That was pretty bad.

[quote=“tomthorne”]Don’t think I ever came across a beer I couldn’t hold down.[/quote]Right, me neither. (Well, depends what you mean by hold down, but all the beers I’ve had have been at least vaguely pleasant in and of themselves.) Looking for a bad beer is like looking for a good Gaoliang.

The Beast obv.

Natty is also horrible but some people actually like it for some reason. Same with Brubakers.

The Beast… the only reason people buy it is it’s cheap as shit (cheaper than water, actually) and pretty much guaranteed to give you a hangover.

Wow, I had forgotten how cheap it was. Was great for broke college students.

edit:
Found $7.99 / 30-can pack! WOW. :astonished: no wonder it tasted like piss but was still popular.

In a nightclub once, I picked up the wrong bottle by mistake and took a swig from the remnants of a beer that the patrons had been dumping their cigarette butts into all night. That was the worst beer that I have ever had.

[quote=“mabagal”]The Beast obv.

Natty is also horrible but some people actually like it for some reason. Same with Brubakers.

The Beast… the only reason people buy it is it’s cheap as shit (cheaper than water, actually) and pretty much guaranteed to give you a hangover.

Wow, I had forgotten how cheap it was. Was great for broke college students.

Fambly Mart was stocking tallboy Beast for about a year a few years back.
It was cheaper than TB Bluecan.
I kinda liked it…
:whistle:

Back in high school, the cheapest beer we could find was either Pabst Blue Ribbon or Old Milwaukee. And the only way to drink it was to shotgun it.