Please describe the very worst beer you have ever had

Hi,

There are some really messed up hybrid beers in this world. Please tell me about them

For me:
Colt45 Menthol beer. Absolutely the worst thing I have ever tasted. Imagine a beer with a bunch of menthol cigarettes soaking in it. Just like that.

Some awful “blueberry lager” that was a Christmas promotion, but it tasted like blueberry Nyquil.

I think the menthol beer wins, though. Something about beer and mint…they should just never go together.

any beer. I’ve never finished a bottle

Mr. Sausage was supposed to have a bad beer night where everyone brings the worst beer they can find, but I don’t know if he ever did.

Taiwan beer blue can…I love the taste of aluminium of an afternoon. The brown bottle has a lovely chemical ethanol flavour.

I had another beer that was made from algae in Taiwan…green but wasn’t too bad I guess. The same for the green tea beer concoction here.

[quote=“headhonchoII”

I had another beer that was made from algae in Taiwan…green but wasn’t too bad I guess. .[/quote]

I think I saw that, did it come in a 2 liter plastic soda bottle?

I once went out for a beer with Sandman. We won’t be repeating THAT escapade ever again!

Exact opposite for me. :idunno:

Some I like more than others, and I tend to stay away from weird concoctions where they mix beer with menthol or green tea, or brew it from algae.

Not a big fan of Belgian beers like De Gulden Draak etc, mostly because I find the alcohol content to be too high (verging on wine), and it has an odd sweet taste to it that I don’t like.

Otherwise, I’ll drink most pints.

theres tons of beer i dont like. And that BAR beer is no exception

Olde English 800 was recently declared the worst beer in the world.

Who’d ever thought that would happen in Obama’s America?

For me it is Taiwan Beer in the generic can.

It’s like battery acid, but with more of a hangover.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]For me it is Taiwan Beer in the generic can.

It’s like battery acid, but with more of a hangover.[/quote]
I’d have to agree with that. I like Taiwan beer in the bottle, but that canned stuff is woeful.

Indeed. Pretty vile.

Agreed! Can’t get worse than BAR. :thumbsdown:

Sedrin and Hui Qian (Chinese) - both are about 3% alcohol, and taste like diluted toilet water.

Warm Black Label (South african) - tastes soooo nasty when not perfectly chilled, and leaves you with a monster hangover.

Primus from Burundi- Huge bottle of warm piss, but I suppose it does the job!

Carling Extra Strength…the 8% stuff homeless people (and students :smiley: ) used to drink in the UK. Urrgghh.
Most light beers (as in low calorie), while I wish I could like them, I can’t stand.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“headhonchoII”

I had another beer that was made from algae in Taiwan…green but wasn’t too bad I guess. .[/quote]

I think I saw that, did it come in a 2 liter plastic soda bottle?[/quote]

It did indeed, it lasted about 2 months in the shops, and it wasn’t bad actually! Maybe ahead of it’s time…

Wasn’t it sandman who said, “The worst beer I ever had was pretty fucking good.”

I once had a beer that was so bad you would not even believe it.

It was brown, the color of toxic sludge. There was so much foam I didn’t know if I was supposed to drink it or take a bath in it. It had a weird burnt taste, almost as if they had roasted the grain before brewing. If I didn’t know better, I’d swear that the brewers had treated this so-called beer with some derivative of fish bladders. It was indisputably the worst beer in the whole world.

I forget where the bartender told me it was made- I only recall that it was some backwards and insignificant British Territory of some type. The name started with a ‘G’… Gryphons? Guineas? Something like that.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]

It did indeed, it lasted about 2 months in the shops, and it wasn’t bad actually! Maybe ahead of it’s time…[/quote]

IT was called Harvest Beer I think. I got as far as seeing it was made with algae. Maybe I should have tried it.

[quote=“bismarck”]Not a big fan of Belgian beers like De Gulden Draak etc, mostly because I find the alcohol content to be too high (verging on wine), and it has an odd sweet taste to it that I don’t like.
[/quote]
Oy! That one’s a personal favourite. Used to retreat to Zino for one and a respite when I lived in Taichung. Kept me sane.

Worst beers’ have been skunky drafts. Dirty pipes, contamination, or whatever… nasty, nasty stuff.
After that, various wheat beers, and Taiwan Beer blue label.

I miss all the microbrews that were available in Montreal.

Harhar…as for the Guineas…the only bit wrong is the British territory. Don’t mess with the stout!