Please help me with choosing a dehumidifier (mold in apartment)

I’m living in Wufeng, Taichung. Currently, my apartment is heavily infested with mold. I’m not sure which one to buy. My budget only allows me around 1k NTD. For reference, my apartment consists of 1 bedroom (3.5x3.5) meter and 1 bathroom (2x1) meter. I was considering this one.

But if it’s possible, I want to combine it with an air purifier. I heard the ones with a HEPA filter are the good ones. But I’m fine with just a dehumidifier as long as it solves the mold issue, is within my budget, is energy-efficient, and covers for my whole apartment.

If you have any suggestion or recommendation, please help me. Which one should I buy?

Been in your position before. Room same size. Mold everywhere. But sorry to not be able to recommend any lower budget dehumidifiers. I now have a large house so need large robust dehumidifiers to reach my level of accepted humidity. Good luck with your search…

Unfortunately, for $1000 you’re not going to find a dehumidifier that will make a notable difference. In that price category, you won’t be able to get a model with a compressor, so the amount of water the dehumidifier can get out of the air per day will be really small.

Even the cheapest models with a compressor will set you back around 3000-4000$. For example, this one:

But that one will already dehumidify at 12L/day (30 degrees Celsius/RH80%) or 6L/day (27 degrees Celsius/RH60%).
The one you linked doesn’t even seem to specify how much water it can get out of the air per day. But it’s very well possible that it’s less than 1L/day…

1 Like