Please help!

O.K. Here’s the thing.

I’ve been living in mainland China for three years now and I can tell you straight up - it’s mental house here. People are so… uh, I’m not going to bother breaking it down.

Now, what I need help is with this question: Are they like that because their society has been so corrupted by communism or are they just like that. I talked to one guy who thinks Taiwan isn’t much better at all. Please tell me an absence of communism means a normal society… ??? Be honest.

People are so… what?

No, I don’t think absence of communism equals a normal society. There are crazy and weird people in EVERY country. Not all Chinese are alike and not all Taiwanese are alike. People act certain ways based on what they were taught as a child (what kind of parents they have), the culture, environment, the people they hang out with, etc. There are way too many factors. But since stereotypes exist, I suppose there are a few common traits that stand out. If you think about it, people living in different areas in non-communist societies or even in the same country can be completely different. If you’ve lived in Taiwan, you’ll notice that people in Taipei (rush rush rush) are not exactly the same as those in Tainan (more laid back).

[quote=“salparadise”]O.K. Here’s the thing.

I’ve been living in mainland China for three years now and I can tell you straight up - it’s mental house here. People are so… uh, I’m not going to bother breaking it down.

Now, what I need help is with this question: Are they like that because their society has been so corrupted by communism or are they just like that. I talked to one guy who thinks Taiwan isn’t much better at all. Please tell me an absence of communism means a normal society… ??? Be honest.[/quote]
When I lived in China I thought the explanation for much of the ‘oddness’ was that it was a communist society, but then I moved to South Korea and later, Taiwan, and traveled in Japan, and I found that some of the same ‘oddness’ existed in each country.