Please recommend a gym in Taichung

Who can recomend me a good gym and give me an idea of the price range.

There’s a nice one in the former Grand Formosa Hotel (now it’s called ‘The Splendor’, I think). Can’t tell you much about the gym, though, since I usually went there for swimming only.

Is that the one right next to ZhongGangLu?? Looks very nice, but i heard it is about 4000 NT a month. Right now the Euro is very strong but i still dont want to spend that much money.
Any other ideas?

[quote=“robi666”]Is that the one right next to ZhongGangLu?? Looks very nice, but I heard it is about 4000 NT a month. Right now the Euro is very strong but I still dont want to spend that much money.
Any other ideas?[/quote]

Yes, it’s the one on Zhong Gang Lu, and it is really nice. :smiley:

Sorry, I don’t know about other places, the Grand Formosa is just a few minutes away from my GF’s family’s house, so it was really convenient for me.

Got to get some sleep now… :snooze:

Action and Power Gym is a great gym, all new equipment, and good classes. Also known as A and P gym. Prices… if i remember correctly, about 2000 a month, less if you join for a year. Near the Science Museum, off MeiTsun Lu.

The popular new one is Hollywood, on Sanmin Rd where the Lailai department store used to be (just down from the Chungyo/Zhongyo department store). It’s big and has lots of stuff. People tell me it’s not too crowded either.

thanks for the answers.
I left Taichung when the gym next to lailai opend, but i did not have a chance to take a look. But i prefer the area around the art museum so i will check out that one as well.
Does anybody know about Sunny gym?

[quote=“robi666”]…I left Taichung (Taizhong) when the gym next to lailai opened…[/quote]It’s not next to Lailai, it’s in the place which used to be Lailai! I got some good shirts cheap when that place closed down.

I got a freebie ticket to the the gym in The Landis hotel and was mightily impressed.
Kind of pricey but nice towels, not at all crowded, complete absence of smelly nose-picking types. Because the gym is mainly intended for guests staying at the hotel, it is very well maintained and they are not trying to fill it to maximum capacity like other gyms I could mention - ALEXANDER (overpriced and overcrowded).

I go to a cool little workingman’s gym. They don’t have much stuff and you wounldn’t want to shower there but it was cheap and good for what I want. The coach there is a real friendly guy. He doesn’t speak English though so you got to know some Chinese. Only $3999 for the whole year. It’s call Mei li Gym and it’s just off of San min Rd and Shiangshan Rd. near the library accross from the Hooker Park (Ok, I don’t know the real name of the park, but I always see really old hookers hanging around there).

Hans

Danke
den werde ich mal ausprobieren.