Plz help!

Hey can someone help!! I am coming to TW to work and can not decide on taichung or kaohsinug!! I am wanting somewheer cosmopolitain with good night markets and lots of outdoor cafes and bars!!

Plz help cheers

Without the benefit of knowing what Taiwan is really like, trying to make a decision concerning where you will live before you get here is not a wise thing to do. If you have the choice–ie you have no firm commitments-- wait until you get here, and have at least seen the place, before you decide.

My vote goes to Taichung.

A little bit cleaner. There are several outdoor places to hang out.

There is a good music scene IMHO as well.

And it is in the middle of the island so getting everywhere is no problem.

The only big plus for Kaoshiung is that it is very close to Kenting (a pretty nice beach town) so it’s easy to just skip over there on your weekends.

[quote=“vallillo1983”]Hey can someone help!! I am coming to TW to work and can not decide on taichung or kaohsinug!! I am wanting somewheer cosmopolitain with good night markets and lots of outdoor cafes and bars!!
[/quote]

:bravo: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

Kaoshuing or how that is spelled. Just been there and there is a cool priest who lets out a few belches before telling your future.

That is the place to be!

Hey, I did not type the (…), that was magic!

[quote=“vallillo1983”]Hey can someone help!! I am coming to TW to work and can not decide on taichung or kaohsinug!! I am wanting somewheer cosmopolitain with good night markets and lots of outdoor cafes and bars!!

Plz help cheers[/quote]

Both cities have what you are looking for, I lived in Kaohsiung for almost 3 years, it is pretty good there, good weather but an industrial city, I have visited Taichung, it is a smaller city and more laid back from my observations, if I could do it over again I would probably choose Taichung.

When is the Kaohsiung MRT supposed to open?

I think when it does that Kaohsiung will turn into a much nicer city than it is now. The traffic is terrible. Especially with the current construction of the MRT going on.

It is quite an ugly city. But then again so are most cites on the island. Taipei is a bit easier on the eyes.

I have to re-iterate on the geographic proximity to Kenting. 2 hours or so to sit on the beach can’t be beat. I thought about moving there just for that.

I believe the MRT is supposed to open in 2008, being close to Kenting is for sure a bonus, then Taichung you are closer to Taipei…

Taipei is good because you’re close to the airport.

I think the IP is an ungrateful, repetitive idiot who repeatedly requests information by PM without thanks and then posts again and again in the public forums for the same information.

Matzu is quite nice. Why don’t you stick yourself on that island?

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]
It is quite an ugly city. But then again so are most cites on the island. Taipei is a bit easier on the eyes.[/quote]

I don’t necesarily agree. While I realize that Kaohsiung isn’t exactly the most beautiful city in the world I don’t think it’s that ugly either. Then again I love the fact that it’s right next to the ocean for example.