Poledancing - Taipei

hey guys,

i’m in tpe for business for some months and because i want to keep training i’m searching for some poledancing studio. i didnt find one on google.

thank you!!

Please applaud my restraint on this fertile OP…:smiley:

I think we’ve all done very well. :notworthy:

Ehem

Dear katyah, welcome to the Island.

Unfortunately, pole dancing has not hit the popularity in Taiwan it enjoys in the West. An alternative here would be belly dancing, which is more popular and easier to find.

I asked a couple of gym fans here and it seems the big houses do not have such classes. I’ll ask around a bit more as we have an acquaintance who might know but give us a couple of days, OK?

I think we’ve all done very well. :notworthy:[/quote]

Yes you have !

thank you, icon!

An alternative, just for practice, would be to rent a KTV room with a pole.
I feel your pain, a friend of mine in Taidong had a pole installed in her living room, and was teaching me some tricks…but then she got deported. Not because of the pole, as far as I know…

Dear katyah,

Welcome to Taiwan! :slight_smile:

Another alternative would be in the north side of Da An Park near the playground. They have some poles that are for pull ups, but they mostly go unused. I’m sure no one would mind if you wanted to practice your show there.

They also have a large sandbox nearby that gets pretty muddy when it rains. I haven’t wrestled since high school, but if you’d like a little break from the pole dancin’, I could meet you there. :neutral:

Mr. Z

thank you guys!
yes, maybe i’ll just rent a ktv room for morning training :slight_smile: do you know one with a pole?

a pull up pole won’t work because it needs to be vertical for poledancing if possible. oh, and wrestling: don’t mess with a poledancer! :slight_smile:

what a pity poleancing is not that common in taiwan. is there a reason?

[quote=“katyah”]
what a pity poleancing is not that common in taiwan. is there a reason?[/quote]
It seems common enough. I’ve seen poledancers several times around Taiwan. They’re usually naked, though. I get the impression that your kind of poledancing is a bit different to that?

here you go:

perfectkiki.com/news-in.php?id=44

Dear katyah,

Welcome to Taiwan! :slight_smile:

The horizontal poles that are for pull ups are supported by vertical poles that are for your dancing pleasure.

I am not as urbane as sandman, but I know how pole dancing works. I did not expect you to dance horizontally, though there are no rules at the entrance to Da An Park which prohibit that.

Sorry if I didn’t make myself clear in the previous post.

your rasslin’ partner, zender (AKA - Zee Amerikan Dream) :neutral:

thank you, thebear!! i’ll love you forever!!

thank you zender, maybe i’ll try at daan park horizontally. i need some challenge (and no, wrestling with you doesnt count!).

So, . . . you’ll love thebear long time . . . :cry:

Sadly, Zee Unrequited Love Dude

Best wear clothes if you go to Da An Park.

Sincerely, Z Natural Disaster

No one has mentioned the MRT.

antarcticbeach just mentioned the MRT.

yours, The Fabulous Z Man

[quote=“NonTocareLeTete”]An alternative, just for practice, would be to rent a KTV room with a pole.
I feel your pain, a friend of mine in Taidong had a pole installed in her living room, and was teaching me some tricks…but then she got deported. Not because of the pole, as far as I know…[/quote]

How permanent was the pole in her living room? Did she have to pour concrete?

[quote=“katyah”]thank you guys!
yes, maybe I’ll just rent a ktv room for morning training :slight_smile: do you know one with a pole?

a pull up pole won’t work because it needs to be vertical for poledancing if possible. oh, and wrestling: don’t mess with a poledancer! :slight_smile:

what a pity poleancing is not that common in Taiwan. is there a reason?[/quote]

Just that the fashion has not hit here yet. Also, like, the real pole dancers are still few, and most perform at weddings and funerals, meaning it is more traditional style. Also, as said, space is a problem, and setting up a studio with the appropriate poles -not slippery so you will not break your neck when upside down- might be too expensive. Furthermore, Taiwanese are a bit wary of “dangerous” sports. Which reminds me rock climbing might be a better alternative, with the weather becoming better soon, outdoor rock walls seem more attractive.

www.sexyfit.me

the owner’s name is Bora, she has the only full time pole studio in Taiwan. the other places are dance studios that simply run a pole class here and there