Police "aggression" when discussing a parking fine - police won't let me file a complaint

MM, the time you’ve invested in this thread. you could’ve bought a new scooter for that time…but no, getting attention on forumosa seems much more important for you… get your priorities straight!!

:rofl:

If I had to choose between buying a scooter and posting this thread seeking for legal advice (and getting really weird feedback too), I would definitely write this post, despite all the retarded comments. Basically because I do need more time for all the paperwork involved in getting a scooter than for writing what I wrote, I don’t want to spend money on a scooter, and well, I just don’t need a scooter.

He just has to go over the woman’s head.

Hmmmm but how. I was told that my ONLY options were to go home or to stay there wasting my and their time. I decided to go home and gather some information before taking any other step. So far I learned about the Control Yuan (good one @yyy) and I got several people confirming (but without providing any link) that I do have the right to file a complaint in a station.

can you file a complaint without a proof?

I think you’re kinda full of it, @mad_masala, but that’s one helluva rant!

Good question. The point I made was that it was very easy to gather visual evidences since the guy should be wearing a body camera and there’s a camera in the shop in front of which this happened. Haven’t talked to them yet, but I don’t expect a local business to help a foreigner gather evidences against a cop, especially given the circumstances.

You are right. Sadly :frowning:

Don’t feel sad. We’re certainly not. It’s great having you back posting again. :grin:

1 Like

I’m assuming you are in Taipei, so you could try this:

https://english.police.gov.taipei/cp.aspx?n=4C927E8874B0DDE8

The Department will respond to an online police report within 5 work days

However,

The Department will not process the case if there is no concrete evidence.

Interesting. Thanks.

BUT, the devil is in the details. There IS evidence… in his camera. That sentence doesn’t say that the person reporting on the situation has to be in possession of the evidence. Also the fat cop acknowledged that he pushed me, he did it several times, although I’m not sure how he described it all the times he acknowledged it. I do know that at least one time he made a false representation of his action, making it appear much lighter or like moving my hands away from him (which is not what happened).

If you had recorded it.

Exactly. I’m nice to them and they’ve never pushed me , or even said one thing bad to me. They even apologized when giving me a ticket. The cops here are generally the nicest on the planet (uniformed officers). I don’t believe he pushed you for no reason, you were doing something perhaps obstruction. If a cop came up to me and just pushed me for totally no reason , things would happen there and then.

I did record it :slight_smile:

I recorded the whole conversation with them (and their conversations in Chinese) at the police station until they started to discuss something among them and the higher rank officer there requested me to stop recording.

It’s illegal to visually record cops and identify them, here so I hope it was audio or you’re going down. It’s a new law on protecting them and their families. from getting targeted by gangsters

then, maybe you can go to a lawyer with the proof. You should fully understand what they said, though.

I predict one of things would involve prison.

1 Like

Depends on which precinct :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you always do what you are TOLD?

Well, obviously not, but I didn’t see any way to file the complaint (when they were telling me that it’s just not possible) without the situation going out of control. I thought that having the conversation recorded it was time to do some research on what the law says. And here I am, asking for legal insights and getting people calling me names.