Police power in America continues to go largely unchecked

212 bodies found buried inside a prison in Mississippi. Cover ups and felonies were committed but police continue to dodge responsibility. In this case Details are still unknown but this is not the first incident like this.

It seems that police are largely exempt from the law and are rarely held to the same standards as everyone else. Police are supposed to uphold the law, be expected to set examples and be held to a higher standard. Instead they are given appalling privilege and impunity to break many of the laws we expect them to uphold.

2 Likes

What a bizarre story… there must have been quite a few people involved in whatever has gone on there.

Did you want to have a discussion or just vent a bit?

Wanted some venting but open to discussion.

Sorry I wasn’t sure where to put it.

Also I used to work with police before, so I’m feeling especially frustrated by all the news of police misconduct and lack of enforcement

2 Likes

The people buried there seem to be people for which authorities were unable to find the
identity or their families. Or is there anything else going on here?

It seems that at least one person was killed directly by a police cruiser (the body that led to the discovery).

Yes, and supposedly they could not find his family. Maybe they gave up a little too quickly, but I am not sure the one case represents what happened to the 211 other people.

But his wallet with his I’d was found in his front pocket

After they exhumed the body and conducted an autopsy. Also the mother was already suing the police for them killing her brother

Yeah that one sounds suspicious and I suppose that is why this is news.

Terrible story, especially if what actually happened is what PBS encourages its viewers to jump toward conclusion-wise.

We Americans always leave out the only solution to the problem of violence in America. The solution is to become better people.

Don’t believe that you are exempt from the law and do not need to be held to the same standards as everyone else. Uphold the law, set examples for others, and hold yourself to a higher standard. Be law abiding, and lose your privilege in public, especially when interacting with police.

The US doesn’t have a police problem or a gun problem. We have a people problem.

From this video, this state does not sound good

Never seen “Mississippi Burning”?