Policing in America

More debatable than this one, or you just want more?

Just want to pitch in :laughing: with incoherent ranting

1 Like

Go find some on the internet for us!

1 Like

No sympathy at all here. Just the jump to blame the no cash bail reform (which was needed for a horribly broken system), rather than the other parts of the broken system that needs to be fixed elicits a big old :roll_eyes:

I largely agree, but I think they could be implementing it better from some of the stuff weā€™ve seen.

And in Albany and Troy, weā€™ve pretty much had daily shootings for the last week. One apparent walk up head shot assassination. :grimacing:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7D0f1iX0AkBgXy?format=jpg&name=large

Big surge in murders last year, but as Iā€™ve said, no corresponding increase in violent crime, no difference in cities where budgets were cut or not, no increases in other countries (slight upticks in Canada and Germany, but not anywhere near US levels).
If cops are afraid/protesting BLM. why the increase in murders but not violent crime?
Again, same with massive increase in gun sales- higher murders, but no increase in violence.
Itā€™s weird.

As for crimes by police, itā€™s terrible, but you have to remember the number of guns on the street. Every time a cop makes a stop s/he could be in an armed confrontation. That doesnā€™t happen in other developed countries.

I dont get this. Murder IS violent crime is it not?

Itā€™s an extroverted suicide

Violent crime other than murder. Murder is only one category of violent crime. They also have separate numbers for rapes, muggings, robberies, assaults, violent car theftsā€¦ Murder is often used in intercity, interstate and international comparisons because other crimes may be classified differently in different jurisdictions, but murder is fairly clear cut- you have a dead body.

1 Like

Yeah, so thereā€™s no win in the statement that while murders are up, violent crime isnā€™t. lol

Murders are way up. Violent crime other than murders are up only slightly, if at all. It doesnā€™t make sense because if thereā€™s a lot of people shooting and killing each other, youā€™d think some of them would miss- especially since thereā€™s been a huge increase in first-time buyers.
Again, if somebody is knocking off a convenience store, jacking a car or mugging someone. youā€™d expect to see soaring crime rates, not just murders. Guess theyā€™re not practising social distancing. Wide-spread masking allowing them to blend in?

What are you on about?

Violent crimes are way up but itā€™s ok because itā€™s only murders??

1 Like

Apparently some people have trouble grasping the difference between murder in particular and violent crime in general . I would have thought it was fairly obvious, but apparently there are people for whom the whole concept is too deep.

1 Like

The difference is very obvious but the point youā€™re making still isnā€™t, to me at least.

I think heā€™s just pointing out itā€™s weird and asking wtf (and certainly isnā€™t making any sort of so ā€™ itā€™s okā€™ statement).

CNN

1 Like

1 Like

These lunatics have totally lost the plot. Crime is up everywhere but theyā€™re far from done torturing non-criminals, apparently. Thereā€™s not a chance in hell I would vote for a Dem now, even a moderate like Eric Adams in NY.

3 Likes