Policing in America

Do you have ANY numbers to support that statement? ANYTHING at all?

We still hear about officer involved shootings? Or big cases where cops basically kill someone ON CAMERA.

Body cams did not stop it because they know the courts have their back.

1 Like

OK, so nothing qualitative. Just what you see in the newz which is lazily presented to you.

Yea, because cops are upstanding citizens and there HAD to be a good reason to shoot some suspect 20 times right??

When I was in the army I had 10 rounds while on duty. That was it. I seen some American officers, they have enough rounds on them to go to war. Like seen one cop with 6 magazines on him, within easy access.

For someone to say - do you’ve numbers to back this up is funny and sad. A 13 year old kid unarmed just got shot, hands up. and someone is still saying body cams have deterred us police being us police. all body cams have done is bring the problem to light further more.

and yeah the police still get off because the DA, courts, mayor and government backs them up.

lots of money spent on weapons and compensation, but hardly any money on training. I know this because one of my friends is trying to be a police and then one is a detective.

1 Like

You use an example of an American kid in Chicago getting shot and connect it to police training expenditures in Taiwan. Is that correct? Do you think there is a connection between the money Taiwanese police have allotted for training, presumably, in Taiwan and policing methods in Chicago? :ponder:

That’s true for Ashli Babbet’s killer, for sure. But for most police officers they get off based on how the law is written, many times despite condemnation from many of the people you mention.

1 Like

He was armed, he ran and tossed the gun. Check out the Mark Duggan case. Verdict: lawful killing.

1 Like

Isn’t the topic about American police ?

I don’t know where you got the Taiwan police connection. I don’t have Taiwanese police friends, like damn - I don’t even speak Chinese besides a few words.

My friends that are involved with LEO are in the states - just some black guys trying to make a change to the system from the inside out. and hopefully they don’t get corrupted along the way.

1 Like

Wow!! Smh!! as if that’s a justification. It’s a kid - give him a chance at life. Did you even watch the video ? Kids are not supposed to be shot - that’s just a fact. If you’re a man and can’t subdue a kid, then yeah go home.

Maybe I should be embarrassed for replying to this.

The law they lobbied for ? Police Unions donate heavy right ?

1 Like

I’m no fan of public sector unions, but not to my knowledge.

Oh for fucks sake. Babbet was part of a large crowd, some chanting kill xxx, who had attacked multiple officers, forcing their way through the last door before the congressional chambers.

An actual example would be Tamir Rice or John Crawford III.

I’m not saying it’s justification for shooting a child. I did watch the video. Could you tell me the state law for the age of criminal responsibility please? I think you’ll find that under the law he was criminally responsible for his actions and certainly not to considered a ‘kid.’
You are free to feel embarrassed, humans are responsible for their own emotions, so go for it. :grin:

Lobbying should be against the law. It’s legalized bribery.

For fuck’s sake! There were heavily armored and armed cops all around her who decided that it wasn’t necessary to shoot, there is no evidence to indicate that she was warned of a potential shooting, and the degree of public scrutiny of this shooting is far lower than for every BLM protested shooting of which I am aware.

1 Like

Software | Data | SRE Engineer currently in Taipei. Trying to know discover more about Taiwan and meet awesome people both interesting and flaneurs. Enjoy hiking, drinking Gin, coffee, tea. Gym. eating socializing with beautiful women. and just being a chill dude.

:idunno:

That’s why I asked.

My friend the therapist tells me that the line between cops and criminals is a fine one. Good luck to your friends.

Hahaha no worries my guy. Just another case of lost in translation on the interwebs.
:facepunch: :fist_right: :fist_left:

1 Like

The only surprise to the shooting at the Capitol was that it was the only one - a mob actively attacking police, breaking barricades, and saying they were going to kill lawmakers. As for things like a warning they were going to shoot, it’s not exactly required, so, yea, ok.

So you can back to your NCAB circle jerk?

Pretty rude comment as well, I don’t see anyone dismissing your ideas like that, even when they’re on the mark and you’re not. Nobody was arguing ACAB there.