POLL: Do you like Taiwanese food? Please vote!

Honestly, at least ingredient-wise, it’s not that different from what a typical Japanese family would have on a day to day basis.

To be fair… I done this before. Except the left overs were unopened bottles of alcohol that other tables didn’t drink and Haggen Daz ice cream cups people didn’t eat. Taking home a family style dish after everyone picked though is just disgusting. Maybe if it was a new dish and you happen to like it, that may be ok.

1 Like

I bet the typical Japanese family meal has more flavor though.

I miss it a lot.

You probably have never seen slice of life Japanese tv shows. Their family meal is usually quite tragic. That’s how they stay thin.

2 Likes

Even in an extremely hostile environment the result is 50/50, lol.

I just voted because it just got bumped, missed it when it was posted

It surpassed it for a while.

Anyway, it’s still fairly close, which shows you guys are wrong. Even in an extremely hostile environment full of boomers, the opinion is 50/50 at worst.

What are you referring to? The only hostile comments in this thread came from you, about the results being sus.

In any case, the current results are not 50/50.

Nope. Never did.

1 Like

Hostile to Taiwan in general, not hostile comments.

It’s close enough.

Yes it did. I saw it.

You make boomers sound like polar bears or great white sharks or something. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Most is most. I’ll take the win :bowing:

1 Like

I agree it shouldn’t be anonymous, but I think it’s “favorable” that’s suddenly gained a lot of votes as I wrote above. Have you gotten your friends to vote?

So 50/50 would mean Taiwanese food is good? :laughing:

It’s not 50/50 anyway. It’s enough for a Brexit!

1 Like

I didn’t see any way to NOT make it anonymous. In any case, I plan to keep the vote open for 24 hours, then I will close it and announce the winner.

Favorable has been close to 50% pretty much since the first moment of the poll.

Yes, in a board full of Taiwan haters it is pretty good. It’d be comparable to Bernie Sanders receiving close to 50% of the votes in Wyoming.

The board is not full of Taiwan haters. I’m very happy here. Too bad about the food.

3 Likes

Well it has gotten less so in recent years, but it is still full of Taiwanese culture haters.

@HongKonger would have to clarify because I haven’t looked at it for several hours, but I sincerely doubt that - I remember it being >80/<20 for “unfavorable” at some early point (with around 10 votes or so, I think).

Start a poll, I imagine you’ll be wrong (again)

3 Likes

@Gain Out of curiosity, where are you from? And what cuisine are you comparing the “good Taiwanese food” to?