POLL: Do you like Taiwanese food? Please vote!

It was like that in the first half hour or so, then it became very close.

You don’t even like Taiwan’s vibrant drug culture. :laughing:

1 Like

I’m a local.

!

Before 10 votes, it mostly hovered around 70-30 “unfavorable”.
Between 10-20 votes, it mostly hovered around 60-40 “unfavorable”.
Between 20-35 votes, it mostly hovered around 50-50.
Between 35-40 votes, it has been hovering around 58-42 “unfavorable”.
Now, at the time of this post, it is at 55-45 “unfavorable”.

2 Likes

OMG this explains everything.

1 Like

Explains what? I’ve lived elsewhere.

I just voted. I like TW food. Period. I don’t like when a clueless Taiwanese chef tries to make a western dish, but when they stick to what they know best, yummers.

7 Likes

So, I’m curious, what are you comparing Taiwanese food to?

For me, I’m comparing it to other places I’ve lived in or travelled to extensively: Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Japan, the UAE, Hawaii, New Orleans, New England, Quebec… I’m not counting the places where I‘be only visited once and only had a small sample of the local food.

Of course, I’ve also been to some other places that had worse food than Taiwan (or at least on par), but not very many. The Philippines comes to mind.

I remember not eating well in sub Saharan Africa, but otherwise this is a lifetime low for me

4 Likes

This is not about me. I don’t like everything either. Actually I’m picky as fuck. The point is Taiwanese food has a good reputation. Even at a place full of haters like here the opinions are mixed at worst.

I used to do a Black Friday thing buying my lunch from a black or Brown owned business in Albany.

The results: Empanadas suck ass. And who needs a 2000 calorie southern food slop pile of Mac and cheese, soggy greens and grease infused chicken? :face_vomiting:

Nope. Not even to save the community.

This gives Black Friday a whole new meaning.

1 Like

It’s a real thing. A black guy told me about it. Keeps money in the community, which I’m all for, but man, if you want white people to support you, cut back on the Crisco, bro.

1 Like

On average, maybe not. Japanese restaurants do love their salt, but everyday meal seems to be another story. Then, of course you can add those worcester sauce inspired condiments to everything in Japan.

I love chicken and waffles and especially the greens, but yeah, too much oil and butter for it to be an everyday food.

I love the first five bites of it. Usually I want to puke after the fifth bite.

Yeah, if I get that, it’s from a bistro and I pay good money for it.

Oxymoron much?

1 Like

Should’ve got the ribs… :drooling_face:

1 Like