Poll idea: Favorite Local Pop Star

quote:
Originally posted by chainsmoker: As far as Samantha K is concerned, there has always been something about foreigners speaking Chinese with heavy Beijing "rrrr"s that drives me nuts.
I agree with you about her "rrrrrs", but I always thought that was the result of a nasal mid-western twang, not a Beijing accent.
quote:
Originally posted by Sandman: Lily C!!! Samantha K!!! Radio trainwrecks!!!
Oooh. Lily C. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] The one good thing you can say about her is that her Chinese [i]has [/i]improved somewhat. I remember when she first started out at ICRT and she would babble away, just butchering the language. I remember her trying to explain in Chinese why Celine Dion and her husband were freezing his sperm for later use, prior to his chemotherapy treatmentrs for testicular cancer, and, not knowing the word for sperm in Mandarin, ([i]jing[/i]1[i]zi[/i]3) she gamely tried to explain "the little fish that come out of a man when he makes love". Hahahahahaha [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/hip-o-dude.gif[/img] All of this with a valley girl pronunciation and a syrupy, saccharine on-air "personality". I could never listen to her longer than 10 seconds before my blood sugar levels started skyrocketing... [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

As far as actual talent goes, I’d have to go for Tao Zhe (David Tao; both his CDs are great) and Zhang Zhen-yue. Faith Yang’s got in in the talent department too. Wu Bai is great live.

For pure looks, I’m going to have to go with Zhen Xiu-wen (Sammi Cheng)