Poll: Would you die for the Taiwan

I think they switched recognition from the ROC government on Taiwan to the PRC government in mainland China.

Maybe that is why you betrayed CKS and now want to jump into bed with the CCP. The betrayal you feel by the US warranted an act of betrayal by you and the KMT. Ah well I know now who not to trust

Its all clear now ac_dropout

indeed, they did switch recognition of CHINA to the PRC. notice that distinction… they did recognise that PRC was the rightful representative of China at the UN. which it certainly is. and it was partly CKS’s obstinacy that engineered the ridiculous situation we have here today. if he had agreed to allow Taiwan to take a set at the UN under the name Taiwan, all this tension today would be gone, China would be rightfully back in its box, and there would be no need for the ridiculous status quo stalemate we have now. the arrogance of the little man to think that he could reclaim China from this island is staggering, especially once China was UN-recognised. after all, the UN did give the situation 25 years to resolve itself, and that’s long enough folks. time to wake up and smell the binlang. Taiwan is Taiwan, and the ROC is defeated, dead and dust.

I think they switched recognition from the ROC government on Taiwan to the PRC government in mainland China.

Maybe that is why you betrayed CKS and now want to jump into bed with the CCP. The betrayal you feel by the US warranted an act of betrayal by you and the KMT. Ah well I know now who not to trust

Its all clear now ac_dropout[/quote]

Maybe some counseling and therapy is in order to relieve your pain and anger. I can pass on Dr Vishety Von Strunkhousen’s number or other agony aunt’s details

CKS did what he felt was right for Taiwan, which to make sure it could always act independently of foreign influence, in this instance USA.

USA lead the 1st in the UN, and it failed to win over the 3rd world to the ROC cause. The failure lands squarely on the lap of the US.

If I wouldn’t die for my own country, why would I die for someone else’s?

But insisting on the China seat rather than a Taiwan seat meant he was always in danger that the UN General Assembly would vote to move representation to the PRC and leave Taiwan in limbo. Insisting he was the rightful ruler of all China when he controlled much less than 10% of it was always risky and meant that he was dependent on the US bribing a load of countries each year to stop this vote passing.

Right so on the one hand he was acting to make Taiwan independent of foreign influence. On the other it was the fault of the US that he ended up running a rogue state unrecognized by anyone.

See this is why I like ac. I’m sure he knows that these two statements contradict each other, but he posts them anyway just so I can flame him. Which I enjoy enormously.

In England trolling in support of foreign tyranny is punishable as treason and by death.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Joyce

next time we’ll see AC starting his post with

“China Calling, China Calling, China Calling”…

Sorry, but the terminology is a little slack…

Actual Poll Question:[quote]If the China invaded, would you fight to defend the Taiwan from Chinese rule?[/quote]
Actual Thread Title:[quote] Would you die for the ROC?[/quote]

Didn’t The China invade already?
Hasn’t Chinese rule already been established, with not a little genoicide, several centuries ago?

What kind of nutter would die for the ROC?
Throwback School of the Nazi Band that it is?
One would have to have some sort of stake in that steak.

The war would be over before most of us would even have time to react. 
I would first care for my kids, and my wife's family, and anyone else I could help. Volunteer as a medic, or work cleaning surgeon's instruments, or in a food bank. Provide security for ordinary civilians in my neighborhood. Looting & rapine are always a factor for civilians stuck in the middle again,   any armed struggle.

And it's ALWAYS the women & children that suffer.
And twit that says he'd die for any nation, state or movement should first have a month in the public stockade whilst those that will be left behind get to express their sentiment with rancid vegetable & animal matter.

As, given the population density of Taiwan, there would massive civilian casualites in any modern  armed conflict that would take place on this most strategic of islands.

I don’t believe the PRC will ever outrightly invade, unless it was guaranteed to be short & sharp in their favour, with Russia, Japan, and NATO occupied elsewhere.

Why would the PRC want to destroy all this lovely economic infrastructure?
Unless, of course it’s a Dr. Strangelove scenario…

TheGingerMan, Maoman, others.

Ok. I’ll change it to Taiwan.

[quote=“KingZog”]TheGingerMan, Maoman, others.

Ok. I’ll change it to Taiwan.[/quote]
Change what to Taiwan?
“THE”?
have you not read between the lines?
Or is this part of The Lords Of The New Church?

I would follow ac’s example -
leave before life got difficult.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”][quote=“KingZog”]TheGingerMan, Maoman, others.

Ok. I’ll change it to Taiwan.[/quote]
Change what to Taiwan?[/quote]

The subject of the poll.

?

Umm, no. If you’re trying to say something, it’s best to say it explicitly.

Weren’t they a Punk band with Brian James from the Damned?

I have no idea what you’re trying to say. Maybe this is a lack of subtlety and intelligence on my part. I’m pretty much wasted at this point, so that’s quite possible.