Polls for the 2020 Taiwanese Presidential Election?

And they’ll still be wearing winter coats and scarves…

3 Likes

…and flip flops

3 Likes

Every single person I know is panicking about tmr and every single one of them has gone home waiting to vote, including a few who are currently studying/working abroad. All the trains were PACKED.

I mean I wish ppl would be more rational and refer to science (aka polls, which have been accurate for pretty much all past elections), but it’s always better to be safe than to be sorry.

1 Like

Polls are contaminated because Han told his supporters not to participate.

He was polling in the shitters way before he told his supporters not to participate.

Besides, what kind of winning candidate would tell their supporters to lie in polls?

2 Likes

I didn’t say he was winning. Just that polls aren’t reliable.

The accuracy of polls will depend on voter turnout anyway. I am feeling a bit guilty for not flying back to vote myself, but ya live and learn…

1 Like

Nice turnout. Our small poling station has people lining up two blocks. In wheelchairs and walkers, babies at hand, all ages. I feel very happy.

1 Like

is that really a good sign?

1 Like

I’ve seen some things I consider optimistic, but still.

Well, they let them go first.

I thought all elderly folk were blue here, but just escaped an earful of tangwai stories.

There are all ages well represented. Younger, 20 something are still minority, but it is not a walker parade. I see them roll…

I’ve been in New Taipei and Taoyuan today so far, and it’s mostly old people everywhere at the stations. I just figure young people are sleeping in.

but they’re still the majority kmt voters :sneezing_face:

While that demo is a given for turnout, if we’re going off really unscientific anecdotes, I’ve personally noticed a lot of extra youth movement in the last 24, including a lot of people going home, just from a small sample of my being out in public areas. I guess I would say I feel a motivated youth vibe? But who knows.

1 Like

In all honesty I prefer Vegetable English to Korea Fish, but nothing will be much different regardless of who wins. Too bad people never give Soong the reigns.

i’ve seen some posts on social media from my friends too. but i doubt they prevail the solid voters of older kmt folks. i just don’t know how the broad band of the inbetweeners will vote.

Does anyone feel really nervous? Taiwan has become my home, I don’t want to see it become like Hong Kong ,

2 Likes

Here’s two votes for Veggie English!

You know, it would be very smart for the current administration to grant citizenship to us without the requirement to renounce as almost everybody would vote green. Am I right?

4 Likes

Well it is the first time they actually organized buses at Chengda, to take students southbound to vote. That for me is great.

3 Likes

A lot of older blues in North apparently won’t vote for Han because he is so distasteful