Positives of having an APRC

This is true. But… this is a very expensive and time consuming procedure for many nationalities as you still need to renounce first. It’s not an option easily available for most people.

For me, Canadian and Italian would be an at least two-year commitment each to renaturalise and I’m illiterate in Italy.

2 Likes

I was told at the NIA that you only have to be in Taiwan 1 day every 5 years…

2 Likes

Many countries don’t allow you to renounce and then resume. USA does not. Canada does not. You have to reapply as a new applicant again and can be denied.
Taiwanese can skip all the fuss and collect passports like Pokémon. Gotta collect em all

2 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

Immigration told me once that ARC holders can go to classes part time as your primary ARC purpose is work and classwork is not paid for work so it’s considered OK. Although.who knows if this changed

1 Like

Apologies. Pinyin is not my strong suit. But it appears that writing like a child sending text messages, or scrawling like a a mentally deficient illiterate is acceptable, so please cut me some slack. :hearts:

未國人. Weiguoren. Stateless person. :rofl: We’re getting downgraded!

2 Likes

It’s a step up, actually.

1 Like

I wonder if this includes any reduced rates.

These are the biggies.

it depends on how you get your APRCM, via employment based ARC or marriage based ARC.

An annual online request for at least 2 years maybe longer.

Good to know. This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to talk about on this thread. Maybe it will help someone. I already have my APRC, so I’m safe

1 Like

Yes, on this forum, I’ve read someone on dependent ARC is attending 進修學士班.

1 Like

Good to know.

I was trying to find a collocation that fit. I failed.

Got mine employment-based, the back of the card still says 183 days though…

Mine too.

1 Like

The only reason I got my APRC is to be able to continue to use NHI if I ever become unable (or unwilling, ha) to work. It’s a cheap insurance policy. Nothing more or less.

Not at a school at all. Anyone know the Chinese for the salary deduction for retirement?
I guess I’m not going anywhere.