Post 2020 USA Presidential Election Riots

I already did in my original post. Representation should be proportional to population. You can reread it if you want.

1 Like

Isnā€™t that what the House is for?

1 Like

Someoneā€™s idea of a staunch conservative:

Yeah baby.

And I think it should be for all branches of power, so I disagree with how the Senate acts as a representative body. Ya done?

1 Like

So you think SCOTUS should also be representative?

To quote you:

SCOTUS doesnā€™t represent state populations.

1 Like

Behind a paywall, but regarding % of rulings, that needs to be weighed against consequence of rulings. If 7% of the consequential rulings all went the way of Democrats and 93% were inconsequential, then you have your blue dog in red overalls.

You said ALL branches of power.

Theyā€™re not inconsequential. Does ā€˜Citizens Unitedā€™ ring a bell? One of the most monumental decisions of the past 30 years and he led the 5-4 conservative wing in that. That will shape elections in the country for years to come. He also overturned the Civil Rights act, one of the biggest liberal laws ever enacted.

You guys are just sour against him because every legal mind knows the ACA challenges are dubious and have weak standing. And his refusal to overturn it is 90% of the reason most conservatives think heā€™s a liberal, which is the shallow end of the pool when it comes to reasoning.

1 Like

Not sure itā€™s their job to consider consequences. Theyā€™re supposed to focus on the law.

Consequences are for voters to deal with. Everyone else is too out of touch.

If the law has bad consequences, change the law. Thatā€™s not the Supremeā€™s legitimate role. Itā€™s up to legislators. But legislators are out of touch, so the voters have to force the issue.

You donā€™t elect SCOTUS judges. Theyā€™re appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate. Just like cabinet members. I canā€™t believe I really need to break this down for you.

1 Like

My point was more along the lines that some decisions carry more weight than others, actually @DrewC picked up on this correctly.

But and I might save this for tomorrow, regarding John Robberts, its far from limited to the ACA.

Iā€™m just reading what you wrote dood. Spare me the gaslighting.

YOu wrote:

What are the three branches of power? Those checks and balances?

Well, if my original criticism is how the Senate is chosenā€¦ and the Senate can confirm or block SCOTUS Judgesā€¦ then Iā€™ll let you connect the dots.

1 Like

Thatā€™s some pretty good contortionism. :laughing:

Iā€™d prefer to watch you connect the dots.

SO, I think we can agree that you think the way the federal government holds the country together needs an upgrade based largely upon where people live? Will those numbers be taken from the censusā€¦which also counts non citizens? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Oy veyā€¦ give me strength, lord. Discussing things with you is as exhausting as explaining physics to a house cat. Iā€™m not going to get into some tangent about census conspiracy theories now. If this keeps going weā€™d probably end up discussing Vince Foster by the time you gave up. Besides, if you doubt census results then you probably think the House members are elected on fraudulent grounds as well.

1 Like

I havenā€™t presented any conspiracy theories.

You want a ā€œmore representativeā€ governmentā€¦including apparently the SCOTUS.

The number of House members is directly related to the census.

You want, but you donā€™t seem to know how to get what you want or how getting what you want is problematic. :idunno:

And Iā€™m not doubting census results. Where did you get that from? If anything I suggested that using a census which includes non citizens to restructure the how the number of House members are determined is problematic.

They means the right.
They wonā€™t be rioting because they are satisfied.

No, you are deliberately obtuse. You donā€™t win on logic, but wear down the other person by nitpicking irrelevant details until the other person throws their hands up in frustration.

Iā€™ve already explained the Senateā€˜s connection to picking SCOTUS. And yes, you did sound like you were doubting the census, so thank you for clarifying. But it sounds like you want to have a completely DIFFERENT discussion about the census, then Iā€™m trying to have. My only point is THIS and itā€™s been clear from the start: House members are chosen based on regional populations. Thatā€™s how I think the Senate should be chosen as well. And if info from the census is good enough for the House, then itā€™s good enough for the Senate.

1 Like