Prayers for MaKe

I’m not really sure what is going on. I know MaKe has been hurt in an accident. First he was in a coma, now they are operating.
From what I hear, things dont’ look too good.
Please everyone send him your best. Mark is a really great guy and a really great friend.

My thoughts are with him and I wish him the best. Please keep us informed if you find out any more, FOB.

holy shit

mark’s a decent guy IRL.

I hope he gets out of this ok. His daughter is adorable.

Woah! That shit sucks.

Hope to hear good news soon.

Oh no! Jeez, I hope everything turns out well for him. :frowning:

Which hospital is he in? I really hope he is OK. I really feel for his family as I know exactly what they are going through at this time.

I don’t know. I was promised an update when he gets out of surgery. But honestly, I am not expecting that. You know people forget to call about these things. Times like these you have to think about the family. I am not family.

Yes, his children are lovely. And he is a great father. Keep sending prayers so that they have him around long enough to know this.

He’s at Linkou Changgeng.

He got seriously hurt while driving his scooter.

What a horrible thing to hear. My prayers go out to him and his family.

Take care, MaKe. Good wishes to you and your family.

I’m sorry to hear about the accident :frowning: and I wish MaKe a speedy and full recovery.

In the early afternoon today, I saw emergency crews treating someone lying on the road after a very serious scooter accident in Taipei, and the image has been with me all day. Afterwards, I was thinking about slowing down and riding more carefully, and about the importance of wearing a real helmet and protective gear. But mostly it reminded me how fragile life is, and how very precious our friends and loved ones are. Our thoughts are with Ma Ke, his wife, children and the rest of his family now…

I hope ya pull through, man. Don’t give up.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

I hate hearin this shit.

I figured this would end up on the boards eventually.

I’ve been at the hospital and without going into too much detail things have worsened since yesterday. There is more damage than previously thought, and Ma ke went in for his second emergency surgery at about 6 this evening.

He is currently stable in ICU, but the next few hours and days will tell the extent of the damage, if and when he awakens.

You can PM me for more details…I don’t want to post too much info regarding his medical condition on the boards without permission from his spouse.

I want to say something final here. Mark has posted some fairly bizzare shit on the forums during his stay and is currently under suspension. In 1994 Ma-ke was involved in another brain injuring crash (not his fault) and he really hasn’t been the same since. The Ma-ke I knew prior to that accident was one of the most gentle, generous souls I’ve ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Either myself, Wookie or Gingerman will update this situation as we find out more.

Mark, our thoughts are with you bud…:pray:

You know. He is still a gentle, generous soul. He always helps me out.
I guess I should have thought first before putting it on the boards. I just wanted to get everyone sending good will his way.
I guess I’m more of an agnostic than an atheist afterall.

My prayers and blessings for you and your family Ma Ke. Hold on and strong.

My prayers are with you MaKe. You pulled through the last one and you will make it through this one. I am so sad to hear about this. You are one tough bugger and God is looking out for you. Remember what my son says about you, “Uncle M is soo big and strong, he can do anything”, and “AXN extreme”. That’s you MaKe, strong and extreme so you will pull through. Again, All my/our prayers.

Your Pal, Surf

I know I wrote this to MaKe, but somehow I know he will know now and later, when he get’s better.

One of these :angel: looking out for you, MaKe.
Pull through.

Don’t know the guy, but still, I wish him a speedy recovery and my thoughts are with him and his friends and family.

Always sad to hear these things. Hope he pulls though without any problems.

I’m so sad to hear about this. I really like Ma ke. The couple times that I met him in person he was very friendly and a perfect gentleman. I also have really enjoyed his humor on the boards. He seems to take his local celebrity status in stride. Ma ke is a Minnesotan and Minnesotans are good people.

Get well, Ma ke. We’re all praying for a full and speedy recovery!!