PRC Removes Quarantine for Foreign Travelers

China to scrap Covid quarantine rule for inbound travelers (cnbc.com)

Hooray! I’m planning on going on vacation there next year. I’ll probably go to Xiamen from Kinmen, and then go to Shenyang!

Anyone else planning to a vacation?

Errr, I think I’d be tempted to wait a month or two first and see how things pan out… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Good point. I’ve just been waiting to visit Dongbei again for over a year. I was getting worried that I might have to wait for many more years.

neutral question: what’s in Dongbei?

Removing quarantine is not the same as opening the border. I don’t know if my visa is still valid for entry.

One can only hope people arent so amnesic about what the Chinese government has done to people during the covid spread to just think all is well once they announce tourists can come again :joy:

I get people going there for family or other important ties, but otherwise one might want to think about the place first before risking anything. We wont even risk transferring flights through Hong Kong anymore…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if Taiwan adds required quarantine for those transiting from China soon. On Jan 1st testing will be required if transition through china.

My favorite food, great weather, and a lot of my friends. The people there are very friendly (kind of like Taiwanese people).

If only my ten-year tourist visa from 2019 didn’t get overridden by my subsequent work visa later that year.

I’ll wait and see how things go.

In that case I really should wait then.

Taiwan’s adding quarantine for travellers from China.

Update / experiences to share from the past year + ?

Business as usual, like Covid never happened. (At least in the last 6 months)

1 Like