Pregnant girlfriend - blackmailing and threatening

If you’re not prepared to be a father, use a condom.
Otherwise don’t have sex.

OP, don’t be a douchebag. Take responsibility for your actions. If your girlfriend does not miscarry, you have a new life on your hands. Take care of it.
You know how they say, some people are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. Well, your child may be born great, but you and your girlfriend have to work to become a great parents. If not, I will have my greatness thrust upon you.

Just kidding about that last part. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Gryphon”]If you’re not prepared to be a father, use a condom.
Otherwise don’t have sex.[/quote]

This is so clearly good advice and I just don’t see why some people refuse to follow it. Goes both ways though:

“If you’re not prepared to be a mother or father…”

OP, don’t be a douchebag. Take responsibility for your actions. If your girlfriend does not miscarry, you have a new life on your hands. Take care of it.
[/quote]

I would in this situation try and find out if the lady in question is in fact carrying his child - or any child for that matter. You would not want to marry a woman and then find out that she is either not pregnant or that the father of the child is not you.

Once that is established, then the friend of the OP would need to find out what to do, however in general if the situation checks out, he will have to man up.

You know how they say, some people are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. Well, your child may be born great, but you and your girlfriend have to work to become a great parents. If not, I will have my greatness thrust upon you.

Just kidding about that last part. :slight_smile:[/quote]

then again, some people should not be fathers at all. better to give up the baby or abort it (abortion pro/con argument notwithstanding). better than wrecking the child’s life with a shitty dad.

Huh?

Obviously, I’m pro-choice, but … it’s better to not exist than to have a shitty father? It really isn’t, unless he’s Fred West or something. Kids find their own people. Good parents are great to have, but unless they’re actively abusing you, it’s not a huge big deal having an absent or dumb father and/or mother.

And, well, my grandparents bought me a pony when my parents got divorced. I was like ‘Srsly, I have to go to the zoo with that guy again?’

Let’s abort bad fathers. If they’re drunk enough, they won’t feel a thing.

1 Like

Rowland:

Or covered with gold leaf and worshipped as a divine fetus.

I heard of a case like this, except with a gangster and his girlfriend. His solution was to hit her in the stomach again and again until she aborted.

[quote=“Zla’od”]Rowland:

Or covered with gold leaf and worshipped as a divine fetus.

I heard of a case like this, except with a gangster and his girlfriend. His solution was to hit her in the stomach again and again until she aborted.[/quote]

A bit rough, I would say… I guess that it was a way of getting off the hook.

Poor baby.

Isn’t abortion illegal in the Philippines?
If so, and she is pregnant, she will more than likely have that mindset.

[quote=“cyberguppy”]I’m putting this one up for a former colleague of mine (foreigner in Taiwan).

His gf (Filipina) is working in Taiwan and she always refused that he use a condom during sex. This is as much as I know.

She got pregnant and is now demanding a huge amount of cash or threatening to call the police and come to his office with her lawyer and let everyone know.

Just curious what her legal standpoint is here and what his is? How does the law deal with these two different classes of foreigners (blue collar/labor visa and white collar/APRC) with this kind of issue.

Psycho xiaojies rule the world!

Thanks,[/quote]

Is fucking a Filipina in Taiwan a crime punishable by deportation?

This isn’t really a legal issue is it? Unless there are doubts about who the father is.

Here are you choices:

1-have an abortion.
2-find a way to stay in the kids life.

Catholicism is likely to blame for the desire not to use condoms, this will also be a huge impediment to choice 1.

I’m not sure what the actual laws or regulations say, and I don’t know Chinese, but this is what I found on the 'net:

[quote]ii. Foreign workers will not be repatriated if they fail the pregnancy test.

iii. The rights of pregnant foreign workers are also protected under the “Gender Equality in Employment Act.” Where foreign labors are employed in the sectors governed by the Labor Standard Law, they may be entitled to the protection of female labor under the Act.[/quote]–“Report on the Protection of the Rights of Foreign Workers in Taiwan” Please be advised that clicking this link will download a document: mailbox.evta.gov.tw/uploaddowndo … x&flag=doc

Again, I don’t know Chinese, but this looks like it might be a Chinese-language text similar to the above :

[quote]如此,外籍勞工致因「妊娠檢查」項目不合格而被遣返。

對於懷孕外籍勞工之工作權益維護,亦受「性別工作平等法」保障。

另外籍勞工如受 僱 於適用勞動基準法之行業,亦有該法母性保護相關規定之適用。[/quote]

Clicking this should cause the document that contains the above Chinese quote to download:

mailbox.evta.gov.tw/uploaddowndo … c&flag=doc

If you don’t want to download it, this should load a Google cache of that document into your browser (or that is the hope, anyway): goo.gl/uYfFAM

And this seems to contain similar ideas, except for the paragraph or subsection numbered (1), which seems to apply only foreign workers who are applying to enter the country:

[quote]IV. Notice of related rights

1. Issues regarding foreign worker Pregnancy:

(1) Medical examination: The medical examination for [color=#000080]female foreign workers under application for entry visa [/color]includes pregnancy test. [color=#000080]If the foreign worker is pregnant[/color], she will not pass the health examination and [color=#000080]no entry visa[/color] will be granted. For health examinations carried out within 3 working days of their entry to Taiwan and after the completion of 6, 18 and 30 months of the work, pregnancy test are not required.

(2) Employment rights:

a. [color=#000080]In the event that a foreign worker becomes pregnant during the time working in Taiwan, the employer can neither terminate the contract for this reason nor force the foreign worker to leave the country.[/color]
b. [color=#000080]If any foreign worker in any industry covered by the Labor Standard Act such as manufacturing or construction industries becomes pregnant, the protection under the Labor Standard Act will be applicable.[/color] The foreign worker [color=#000080]may ask the employer to reassign her[/color] to a job that is easier and consistent with the permit of the Council of Labor Affairs of the Executive Yuan.
c. [color=#000080]For foreign workers who are not covered by the Labor Standard Law, such as domestic helpers and in home caretakers, etc., the employer cannot unilaterally terminate the contract due to the employee’s pregnanc[/color]y. The contract should be negotiated between the employer and the employee.
[/quote]
iff.immigration.gov.tw/ct.asp?xI … &mp=iff_en

Interesting…

I would find it hard to believe that TW employees of 外勞 (usually South East Asian laborers) would put up with paying for maternity leave. These bosses insist on curfews for their workforce.

I’m pretty sure they find a way to terminate the contract in the case of pregnancy and send them back home.

From what little information we’ve been provided with, it would seem that the OP’s friend is not very bright and reluctant to become a father, and that the expecting mother is a conniving schemer…not exactly a good recipe for a happy domestic situation. In cases like this, I’d say the kid is probably better off not being born. He/she won’t know the difference anyway. But it seems unlikely that the mother, being a Filipina, would agree to an abortion. Judging from how reluctant the police here are to get involved in domestic disputes even when locals are involved, I also seriously doubt the authorities will want to step in when it’s between two foreigners. My guess is that nothing will happen to the OP’s friend, and that the woman’s employer will figure out some way to have her deported if she is indeed pregnant. An unfortunate situation all around. It always seems like the people who should least be procreating are doing the most of it…