Preschool for 2-3 year old in Taipei

Hello, We will be taking our 2 and 3 year old girls to Taipei for the summer. We would like them to enroll in a preschool program. Or original selection, Ms. Lam, only has one location which takes 2 year olds, but it’s not near an MRT. We would really like something that is centrally located with easy access to the MRT. Thank you in advance

There are many preschools (I think what you mean are kindergartens in taiwanese system). It may be better you give area names if you have some places in mind, or the place is already decided.

Are you looking for a Montessori school?

5 - 6 years old = Kindergarten (Usually has kids doing some class work / book work)
2 - 4 years old = Pre-K (preschool) (Usually playing, developing motor skills, etc)

Some Kindergartens have Pre-K included in their school.
There are many stand alone Pre-K schools, Combo K + Pre-K and just K

Taiwan started a policy of 幼托整合 at 2012, and I think it is (almost) completed now. (2)3-6 yr old kids are in kindergartens in taiwanese system.

I’m not sure of the terminology for schools in Taiwan for a 2 and 3 year old. I just wanted recommendations on schools for my daughters. We would prefer Xinsheng, Songjiang, or Da’an areas. We’re not necessarily looking for a Montessori school, just a good place for our daughters.

I’m not sure of the terminology for schools in Taiwan for a 2 and 3 year old. I just wanted recommendations on schools for my daughters.

There are many many kindergartens in those areas. Do you prefer English oriented classes for your daughters or mostly Chinese oriented ones?

(It might be unnecessary info, but teaching English in kinder is illegal in Taiwan. Many kindergartens are doing that openly, though, )

I would prefer all Chinese. Thank you

If you prefer Chinese schools, or even for English schools, they might be more helpful.

Hello @yich1, I was awarded the HES scholarship for the winter session. I’m scheduled to study at MTC in Taipei, but would prefer Tainan. That’s another story, but what was your experience like there with your daughters?