Presentation: Snakes of Taiwan

German ophidiophile Hans Breuer will teach your kids in Chinese about the snakes of Taiwan through a slide show, reinforced by a number of show-and-tell props such as shed snake skins, snake eggs, and four real live (non-venomous and very docile) snakes.

FREE!

More info:
English: snakesoftaiwan.com/schooltalks.html
Chinese: snakesoftaiwan.com/schooltalks_ch.html

Time : Sunday, November 21 · 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Location: Dream Community Theater, No. 90-3, MínZú 2nd St, Xizhi, Taipei County

[quote=“TwoTon”]German ophidiophile Hans Breuer will teach your kids in Chinese about the snakes of Taiwan through a slide show, reinforced by a number of show-and-tell props such as shed snake skins, snake eggs, and four real live (non-venomous and very docile) snakes.

FREE!

More info:
Chinese: snakesoftaiwan.com/schooltalks_ch.html

Time : Sunday, November 21 · 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Location: Dream Community Theater, No. 90-3, MínZú 2nd St, Xizhi, Taipei County[/quote]
Cool! I’ll be there!

Look out for the number one question: do you have any good recipes?

Best of luck, wish i was there.

Quite a lot of events at the Dream Community that are great for kids, and I’d say 95% of them are totally free. For anyone that don’t think it’s too inconvenient to head out here I’d suggest that you join the Dream Community Facebook page to see what events that are coming up. facebook.com/#!/pages/Dream- … 7709032170

Some of the recent free events have included: the European champion in Acappella, Klangbezirk. An Indian festival with tabla drumming, dancing and singing, indian food and a Bollywood party. Outdoor Hawaiian hula-hula dancing performance (this was a lot better than it sounds like). Art exhibition by one of the Czech resident artists at the community + a bunch of Circus performances.

[quote=“maoman”]
Cool! I’ll be there![/quote]
Sunday’s going to be a busy day for you!

TwoTon,

I posted this on my children’s events blog: http://kidzone-tw.blogspot.com/2010/11/2010-nov-21-snakes-of-taiwan.html

I hope that’s Ok, if not let me know, and I’ll take it off.

[quote=“Adam_CLO”][quote=“maoman”]
Cool! I’ll be there![/quote]
Sunday’s going to be a busy day for you![/quote]
I know! I’m going to have to drive like a madman to get from the Forumosa Entrpreneur’s thingy to the snake thingy in time…

The event didn’t happen as scheduled. Apologies to those who went there. There was some miscommunication about the event time.
We’ll try to set it up later this year.

The event was rescheduled and will now take place on

[b]Saturday, December 4 · 2:30pm - 4:45pm
Location: Dream Community Theater, No. 90-3, MínZú 2nd St, Xizhi, Taipei County

More info:
Chinese: snakesoftaiwan.com/schooltalks_ch.html[/b]

Hope to see all y’all there!

There’s an aboriginal dance performance in the same location from 14:00 to 14:30. So if you show up early you can catch that as well. And a Blues Concert at night from around 19:00.