President Chen Shuibian shot! - Part 2

This is all such bullshit that I can’t be bothered to expound on it. And the author is no doctor, I can tell you. Total rubbish from top to bottom.

Indeed! A real trauma doctor had come out and explained that the lack of bruising and asssociated doubts on the GSW is because the pictures were taken AFTER debridement. The fact that this self-claimed doctor can’t even see that is laughable.

Roger, thanks for clarifying the pics. It’s hard to discern what’s real and what’s not nowadays. I can see it’s pretty hard to stage this thing, but all kind of pecurialities arrive every now and then. =)

Yes, I pretty much stop buying udn papers. Or I try to cross reference with liberty times which I believe is also biased.

The Liberty Times is biased…towards the truth. The UDN is biased …towards propaganda and the Hitlerian lie. Take your pick.

I have to disagree with you. I have compared the paper with China Times and NYTimes on the web on the issue of US stance toward the referendum. I think I can tell you as fact that liberty times deliberately left out details they found unattractive to their political means. US’s reservation about the referendum which could be found in the international media is completely lacking in liberty times. It’s quite clear it is propaganda.

No paper can truly be unbiased. To help yourself, read multiple papers.

“People are wondering why I could still walk into the hospital after being shot,” Chen said. “It was because I am the president of Republic of China, I can never fall down.”

taken from today’s edition of the taipei times.

CSB is freaking superman…

Those people obviously never saw Scarface.

“Say hello to my little friend.”

Come on… someone post a pic of Chen Shuibian dressed as superman, I can’t find it.

What about other more recent CSB pics?
I can’t find any CSB assassination pics. The ones they’re showing on TV with red circles and arrows must be in the papers and on the Net somewhere. Anyone?

So I tried to do my bit to put the elections behind us and focus on work, but I couldn’t help sneak a peak at the evening paper:

Lien & Soong have taken out ads calling for the entire staff of Chimei Hospital (where CSB was treated after the shooting) to take a lie detector test!

I’m gagging so hard I think I swallowed my tonsils.

The only reason there is any suspicion that the DPP rigged the assassination is because the whole situation has been so ridiculous. The instant it was announced, everybody knew the DPP would (generally) benefit and the KMT (generally) would be hurt badly – it would make people feel sympathy for Chen and remind everyone of the bad old 2-28 days when the KMT came ashore shooting.

1. If it was the KMT, they would have killed Chen – or at the very least, he would have been very close to dead.

2. If it was a big DPP scam, Chen would have been wearing a bulletproof vest – the point to any sympathy conspiracy being, of course, not to actually kill him in an assassination attempt.

This whole situation is a result of mutual dumbassed brinkmanship. The DPP ran the most ethnically divisive campaign I’ve seen in ages. Meanwhile the KMT, after getting Lien to speak Taiwanese at probably more than half his speeches, is getting the whole world to see what bullshit they are capable of. This is far from being Taiwan’s finest hour, and it’s getting full play on CNN around the world.

[quote=“mofangongren”]

This whole situation is a result of mutual dumbassed brinkmanship. The DPP ran the most ethnically divisive campaign I’ve seen in ages. Meanwhile the KMT, after getting Lien to speak Taiwanese at probably more than half his speeches, is getting the whole world to see what bullshit they are capable of. This is far from being Taiwan’s finest hour, and it’s getting full play on CNN around the world.[/quote]

jeez Mofan, this is already depressing enough. Could you just take one side or the other please? :wink:

If 江南 was only wounded, the KMT would have said that he framed it to publicize his book. What was his English name, anyway?
Anybody know the 江南案? 1984? American (Taiwanese American) murdered by KMT assassin in California after writing a controversial book criticizing the KMT.

Try here:

[forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … =henry+liu](Political violence in Taiwan

It’s Henry Liu you are talking about?

[quote=“huggie”]
All GSW’s are high energy wounds. It means that GSW will cause
extensive bruising along the edges of the wound almost immediately. In
the picture, where is the bruising on both of them?

GSW’s are almost never symmetrical nor linear. They are round and
small, Even if they are shot directly from the side, it’s impossible to
create a linear wound because the bullet often tumbles while traveling
towards the target. The exit wound is usually bigger than the entrance.[/quote]
I did a Google image search on gunshot wounds. Here’s one:

littlejoe.typepad.com/photos/gunshot/wound1.html
littlejoe.typepad.com/photos/gunshot/wound2.html
littlejoe.typepad.com/photos/gun … ealed.html

As for CSB’s, a closeup photo (I think it was in the link to Kimo.com’s gallery of photos) shows a small hole on one side – I’ll presume this was the entry wound – followed by unbroken skin, followed by a huge gaping gash – presumably the bullet tumbled and caused his skin tissue to tear. Sort of a sideways exclamation point. There appeared to be some bruising around the small hole.

The bullet and brass appeared to be from a small-caliber autopistol round such as a .32ACP. The bullet also appeared to be a lead round nose (LRN), which is a cheap bullet to produce and is mostly for practice; lead cannot be driven at high velocities because it leaves deposits in the barrel when it is (this is why copper jacketing was developed). These are low-velocity and low-mass rounds; such a round would not produce the shock and trauma of a higher-velocity round such as 9mm.

People have been openly saying that the President’s wounds were faked so presumably the doctors at Chi Mei Hospital were involved in the conspiracy.

The doctors who helped stitch CSB up should be outraged that people are implying they were part of this supposed plot and should sue for slander and/or libel.

For the last fucking time:

[quote]Why the president and vice president were taken to the Chi Mei Hospital located in Tainan County

This is taken from a link posted somewhere in one of these election threads. Can’t find it now.
Anyway, it’s the simplest explanation for taking CSB to Chi-Mei and not one of the other medical centres.

[quote=“BBC”]Was the shooting stage-managed?

Most of the suspicions about the shooting stem from claims made within hours of the event by Sisy Chen, a maverick legislator opposed to the president. She alleged that the president had been taken to a hospital that was several kilometres away, rather than to the nearest available treatment centre.

[color=darkred]The government pointed out that wherever the president travels, one hospital is designated to treat him in case of emergency because of security concerns, and this was where he had been taken[/color].[/quote]

libertyforum.org/showflat.php?Number=1378034

[quote]The driver of the jeep in which Chen and Lu were shot, Kou Yu-hsin (іў

I don’t think a general lunatic would escape so easily and just fire two shots. How close do you have to be to shoot accurately with a handgun?