Presidential endorsements

Ah, go walk a section of a lonely island.

No, but really! The whole “I know that they know that I know…” ad infinitum thing is pretty well known to every American schoolkid. So, I wouldn’t think the Jihadists would think they could try and use that to further their aims. I mean, that would be totally lame. So maybe they are saying what they said about McCain for somebody else to hear. Or maybe they just want to make some cash on frozen pizza endorsements.

(But yes, a-walking I will go!)

Et tu Scotty?

Former Bush Press Secretary Endorses Obama

Now that’s gotta hurt. Who’s next? Laura? The twins?

Andy, Opie, and the Fonz
heyyyy!

Another one bites the dust:

[quote]Ken Adelman is a lifelong conservative Republican. Campaigned for Goldwater, was hired by Rumsfeld at the Office of Economic Opportunity under Nixon, was assistant to Defense Secretary Rumsfeld under Ford, served as Reagan’s director of arms control, and joined the Defense Policy Board for Rumsfeld’s second go-round at the Pentagon, in 2001. Adelman’s friendship with Rumsfeld, Cheney, and their wives goes back to the sixties, and he introduced Cheney to Paul Wolfowitz at a Washington brunch the day Reagan was sworn in.

In recent years, Adelman and his friends Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz fell out over his criticisms of the botching of the Iraq War. Still, he remains a bona-fide hawk (“not really a neo-con but a con-con”) who has never supported a Democrat for President in his life. Two weeks from now that’s going to change: Ken Adelman intends to vote for Barack Obama. He can hardly believe it himself. . . . [/quote]

Now he’s collecting libertarian endorsements.

[quote=“Sullivan”]The great libertarian former governor of Massachusetts:

[quote] William Weld said he’s never endorsed a Democrat for president before, but in the last six weeks or so, it became “close to a no-brainer.” Obama has a history of bringing Democrats, Republicans and independents together and is the best choice at a time when America’s standing in the world is at a low point, he said.

"It's not often you get a guy with his combination of qualities, chief among which I would say is the deep sense of calm he displays, and I think that's a product of his equally deep intelligence," he said in a phone interview.[/quote][/quote]

Understandable. The neocons are an anathema to everything that libertarians stand for.

Ron Howard for Obama creeeepy

This one has got to hurt.

[quote=“Andrew Sullivan: The Anchorage Daily News Endorses Obama”]Well, they know something about the alternative, don’t they? Money quote:

Goddamn East Coast elitist hippies.[/quote]

More from Anchorage:

[quote]Hometown paper gives Palin the thumbs-down
October 27, 2008 3:56am
ALASKA’S top newspaper today endorsed Democrat Barack Obama for the White House, saying it would be too risky to put their Republican state governor Sarah Palin just “one 72-year-old heartbeat from the leadership of the free world”.

The Anchorage Daily News, the leading daily in the overwhelmingly Republican state, called Governor Palin’s vice-presidential nomination “an improbable and highly memorable event” and added that “many Alaskans are proud to see their governor, and their state, so prominent on the national stage”.

Nevertheless, the newspaper editorial deemed her not yet ready to serve in the White House, and saying the hometown boosterism “does not overwhelm all other judgment”.

The paper was even more scathing in its assessment of the top of the Republican ticket
. . . .
“Our sober view is that her running mate, Senator John McCain, is the wrong choice for president at this critical time for our nation,” the daily wrote.
. . . .
“His behavior in this crisis - erratic is a kind description - shows him to be ill-equipped to lead the essential effort of reining in a runaway financial system and setting an anxious nation on course to economic recovery.” [/quote]

Leaves you wondering who she’s going to get hubby to fire this time!

HG

Tainan Cowboy now endorses Obama.

Cuban American National Foundation endorses Obama!

Hell has frozen over!

“Both presidential candidates have made clear that they want to help the Cuban people achieve freedom. But Barack Obama’s forward-looking and proactive approach toward empowering the Cuban people is more in line with these proposals than John McCain’s vow to continue the Bush administration’s policy.” - Jorge Max Santos, chairman of the Cuban American National Foundation

The CANF is usually a Republican-leaning organization, and it has a lot of influence in the Miami Cuban community.

American Nobel Prize-Winners Endorse Obama

[quote]During the administration of George W. Bush, vital parts of our country’s scientific enterprise have been damaged by stagnant and declining federal support. The government’s scientific advisory process has been distorted by political considerations. As a result, our once dominant position in the scientific world has been shaken and our prosperity has been placed at risk. We have lost time critical for the development of new ways to provide energy, treat disease, reverse climate change, strengthen our security, and improve our economy.

We have watched Senator Obama’s approach to these issues with admiration. We especially applaud his emphasis during the campaign on the power of science and technology to enhance our nation’s competitiveness. In particular, we support the measures he plans to take - through new initiatives in education and training, expanded research funding, an unbiased process for obtaining scientific advice, and an appropriate balance of basic and applied research[/quote]

But the best and most important endorsement of all for Obama:

Arch-conservative Pundit Steven Colbert Endorses Obama

I had to change my pants after watching this.

Phfffft…just a bunch of elitist being uppity about their “knowledge”. :wink:

Nice find, Vay!

For those of you who don’t want to download the pdf, here’s the list of signatories.

Do you think it was Palin’s fruit fly gag, McCain’s bit on checking the DNA of bears, or simply 8 years of Bush league political interference in primary research?

And that list doesn’t even include economics laureates, who have been such scathing critics of the policies that have landed America and the world in such a mess, and who strongly support the changes promised by Obama versus the more-of-the-same represented by the clueless phoney McCain and his horrifyingly dunderheaded arm-candy partner.

This year’s laureate, Paul Krugman, for example.

Phfffft…just a bunch of elitist being uppity about their “knowledge”. :wink:[/quote]
Yeah, what does them smart people knows, anyways?

But of course, the Repubs have Joe, the traitor to the working class, who they are pushing hard. A clear attempt to win appeal from the dumb and ignorant.

I sincerely hope the pitch for people’s brains wins over the appeal to their ignorance, but I;m not at all sure that’s going to happen.

HG

I’m hopeful, but… Voters having ‘buyer’s remorse’?

I’m hopeful, but… Voters having ‘buyer’s remorse’?[/quote]

I’m refusing to vote this year. I’m tired of all the hoopla. :raspberry: