Preventing accidental grave-digging of old posts

Eh, I still don’t see it as a big deal (if you intended to reply, then obviously you had something you wanted to say). Like I said, I only find it obnoxious when someone thinks it’s funny to bump a lot of old threads at once (this has happened, but I’ll refrain from embarrassing the poster who I don’t think even posts here anymore).

1 Like

Don’t you read the date when something was posted before making a reply? its one of the first things I check when seeing if the post is relevant, its right there in font of you in the top right hand side.

Also if you have new relevant information to add, I don’t see it being a problem how old the tread is.

1 Like

I’m not sure how you’re seeing that. It’s set so that they can’t be older than 90 days old, and that is holding true in the few threads I just looked at.

Hmm, it’s not in this thread right here. I’ll look at it some more

5 Likes

I like grave digs. It’s nice to read about how things were 10 or even 20 years ago. You guys sure aren’t posting any interesting topics nowadays anyway

6 Likes

That’s great to know that you cared enough to set it up that way! But also sucks that it’s apparently not working as intended. Hope you get it figured out!

This is what I’m seeing at the bottom of this current thread. You can see a bunch of topics from 2022.

1 Like

Yeah I think that happens when there aren’t many “new or unread” posts in that forum. It’s also set just to show posts from the forum you’re in. In forums with many threads you should see more recent ones. There’s some recent discussion on the setup here

4 Likes

I remember the forum used a different software back then, so how were you able to migrate all the posts/accounts over? Do the relevant database follow an industry standard?

And your reply is irreverent! So there.

1 Like

?

Aw. Normally I aim for sacrilegious, but I guess irreverent will do.

3 Likes

Yep, everything was migrated over. I don’t think there’s a standard, but many forums did the same thing so there was an established method.

And yet, it sometimes can be useful.

1 Like