Previous sale price

Hello,

I’m new here and frequented this forum from time to time for things related to visiting TW. Most recently I was searching for price per ping threads and I came across fuzzy_barbeque’s thread in particular.

I’m hoping to get some assistance to see what this property was formerly auctioned (paimai) for when the bank took back ownership of the home.

• 5f, No. 4, Alley 10, Lane 223, Section 4, Zhongxiao E Rd, Da’an District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106

Looking at the data, what should this place be worth?

Thank you,
John

1 Like

Seems like this one here? https://community.yungching.com.tw/building/11271/

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time. Am I understanding this correctly?

Sold in 2/2019
20M NT
Size 21.88 ping

The size seems to be 1/2 the size of the unit 21.88 ping vs 43.76 ping. Does this indicate if it was a bank taking back the home (in the US the term being REO)?

Yup.

No idea, it just notes the transaction was special in some way due to relationship of the parties involved.

Screenshot

It says source is government database so I was also able to find it here (can’t seem to link directly) but it doesn’t seem to have any (useful) additional information.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarifications.

With that in mind does anyone know if banks can hold property on their books indefinitely? Are they unmotivated sellers?

It also depends if the bank has full ownership, there is a property near a family member in Ktown, it went up for sale from the bank at a reasonable price a few years ago. When we looked into it, the bank only repossessed 50% of the property as two brothers owned half each. One of them had defaulted the other couldn’t afford (or didn’t want to buy him out) but still live there. It’s been up for auction 3 times over the last few years but no one wants to buy it because of the situation.

1 Like

it says the transaction was between coowners.

1 Like

Ah, so one likely bought out the other. My guess is that this didn’t go through a foreclosure auction then. Can it be lender owned without it going through auction?

Is there another transaction prior to 2019?