Price of cheese and milk

@quandary, you’re a prince for doing this. Can I interest you in a custom title or badge? Cheesemaster perhaps?

1 Like

Wow the romano got expensive.

1 Like

The best part about this kind of cheese besides taste is that it lasts a long time if wrapped well. Don’t throw away the rinds as they are great to cook with soup. Tomorrow’s soup on the plan is white bean, sausage, and kale.

5 Likes

Ooh interesting. I’ve thrown them in pasta sauce before, but not soup

As long as they don’t go to waste.

Have you checked https://www.costco.com.tw?

3 Likes

If something requires more work and costs less, it is time one questions the quality of the product. Once in a while, one lucks out and, it’s just the company is quite capable and efficient. More often than not, it is not that reason :slight_smile:

I wish I had that foresight when I moved here. I spend an absurd amount of my food budget on exactly those items. Even now :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I don’t buy the pre-shredded stuff, but I suppose one additional reason here might be the longer shelf life due to the lower moisture content and whatever preservatives they put in there besides the anti-caking agents. As in, cheaper shipping even if the “quality” remains the same (though I guess “quality” here also includes the presence of additives like preservatives and anti-caking agents).

Nice work. Travthechav is getting an education.