Price of iPhone 13 Pro Max?

I’d like to buy an iphone 13 Pro Max for my mom for Christmas. I can’t seem to find a price in NTD or a place to find it? I assume it’s out of stock still in Taiwan? I’m not in Taiwan at the moment so I’m trying to find a way to buy it online for her.

I just checked the apple website, select the iPhone 13pro the when you go to buy select the max option

Have you checked Shopee etc.? Seems they’re listed on there for around 37k (128G) to 40k (256G)…albeit few in stock and with a pre-order time of 60 days haha. I guess that means not really available.

Oh I see it now once I changed the region. Damn, it’s about 100 GBP cheaper in Taiwan than in the UK. The UK prices for things sucks. Most of the time, it’s the same amount in GBP as it is in USD. So if it’s 1000 USD, it’s 1000 GBP which sucks.

I guess you’re really nice to your mom…

I’d expect it to range from expensive to really freaking expensive.

Well, she’s still using an iPhone 7. She bought me a new iPhone before she ever bought one for herself. Now that I am coming into enough money to keep myself comfortable with some change, I’d like to get her a new phone.

2 Likes

The Taiwan Apple store seems to say I can preorder and it will arrive mid next month.

I see you got your answer, but I want to ask you if you’re sure she’ll want a phone that big. The iPhone 13 mini is about the same size as her current 7, but with a much bigger screen and it feels thicker and heavier in my hand. I just switched to the mini because I found the standard way too cumbersome. When I hold my wife’s max, I feel like I am holding a brick and I can’t do anything with one hand (it was hard enough on the standard).

Does she require cellphone calling or rely on Line, Facetime, Skype, etc?

If it’s the latter, consider a 5G iPad mini. A lot more screen and much easier on the eyes.

I haven’t used a “phone” in years.

My experience is that “older” people mostly appreciate larger screen sizes - especially if their eyesight has started to get worse.

But of course - if you’re okay with the phone being less of a surprise it might make sense to send her to the Apple Store to pick her favorite size.

1 Like

Yes. She wanted it because it’s easier to see.

1 Like

Got the 13 pro max for my mom. The screen refresh rate is definitely an upgrade and I do notice it’s faster in and out of apps.

I got the pro regular for myself as well. Wished I was it Taiwan as I would have saved £200 as well. Everything is so expensive in the UK.

1 Like

Remember though that the price for stuff in America is usually without tax but UK the price includes VAT.

The $1000 = £1000 thing may be exc. VAT for the dollars. But yes, gotta keep people squeezed so they are forced to work their whole life, eh?

Well, I need a better phone… but I can’t afford iphones. And honestly I am not even sure the budget iphones like iphone SE is any good.