Prices of Record Decks in Taiwan

How much is a reasonably good record deck in Taiwan ?
I’m not talking Lynn or anything like that, just the equivalent of what you could get in the UK for around

What’s an LP? :wink:

Bring your Technics, decks I’ve seen here are either crapola or way spendy, no PL12’s or similar cheapies-but-goodies.

Then again, the thought of dragging a lot of valuable vinyl over here :shock: You planning on staying for a while? I’d just switch to CDs IIWY.

A record deck? or a tape deck? I doubt you will find any place in Taiwan that sells a record player anymore… maybe someone has one stored away somewhere, but I have not seen them on the market…

I agree with hsiadogah, replace all your LPs with CD’s.

[quote=“JeffG”]A record deck? or a tape deck? I doubt you will find any place in Taiwan that sells a record player anymore… maybe someone has one stored away somewhere, but I have not seen them on the market…

I agree with hsiadogah, replace all your LPs with CD’s.[/quote]

Concur. However, you might want to check out FNAC. I think I saw one there once. They even have LP’s (but not that many).

Don’t bring them – or at least not too many.
[ul][li]Records are heavy and therefore both mafan and expensive to get to Taiwan. [/li]
[li]CDs are relatively cheap here – though not as cheap as they used to be :frowning: [/li]
[li]The hot, humid weather is hell on record collections[/li][/ul]
OTOH, I sometimes find myself missing very much my 1,500 LPs back in the States. :frowning:

Aaargh ! The cost of living goes up, and wages go down…! So how much are CDs now then ?

Hsiadogah has a point there. After I saw what happened to almost every parcel I received here, I wouldn’t really want to send any LPs to Taiwan…
If you think they are worth it, pack them VERY carefully and don’t send them as usual postal parcel.

CD’s?

NT$50 in a night market. NT$250~NT$450 in places like Tesco or FNAC.

I sent an aluminium clad flight case (cost

[quote=“hexuan”]I sent an aluminium clad flight case (cost

Lots of turntables on the market here. Try musical supply stores, though, not electrical shops. The studio where we rehearse has at least 10 different models for sale. Quite expensive, though high quality. I’ll get some more info next time I’m in there.

I’d worry about the heat and humidity in Taiwan also, it may ruin your investment! Can you imagine all your LP’s becoming one?

Nah… I just can’t see Iron Maiden and Focus getting it on together…

Aha, so YOU’RE the guy that bought a Focus album! "Yodel-eddie yodel-eddie yodel-eddie yodel-eddie yodel-eddie yodel-eddie yo HO
HO!

Nah… I just can’t see Iron Maiden and Focus getting it on together…[/quote]

I agree, that would be tremendously disasterous! :smiley: