Private KTVs in Kaohsiung

My girlfriend and I will be in Kaohsiung from the end of July to the end of August for a summer Mandarin course at NSYSU. We will be staying in the dormitories where we of course won’t share a room.
That’s why I wanted to ask, if anyone here knows any KTVs with private rooms in Kaohsiung, so we don’t have to book a hotel room every other day, if you know what I mean (I already booked hotels for the weekends of course). Other suggestions are also very welcome!

many hotels offer hourly rates, you just need to ask the front desk.

4 Likes

KTV private rooms are not that private - there are cameras…

3 Likes

…so remember to show your good side!

3 Likes

There are also lots of basically dedicated love hotels. Look for a big MOTEL sign and follow the arrows. I’ve never tried one, but I imagine the seedier ones you can get a couple hours for a couple hundred NT, with a bed and a shower. Probably there are upscale versions with heart shaped waterbeds and jacuzzi and mirrored ceilings

2 Likes

I would like the room lined with naked little people facing the walls, holding hands with each other, clenching a broom handle with their buttocks. And humming. Lots of little people nasal humming.

An hour will suffice.

3 Likes

Brings back a lot of KTV mammories.

I’ve heard Taiwanese people like to get down and dirty with sex workers in KTV rooms, but that’s just wrong, man. Pretty sure most have cameras since they’re not meant to be used for sex.

What’s your rent budget? Have you considered staying somewhere else? I live within walking distance from NSYSU in a building that offers month-to-month rentals. Lots of NSYSU students live here because they don’t want to share a dorm room with 3 other people.

If you share a room with your gf here you’ll only pay $4000-$5000/month each, and no long-term commitments.

1 Like

Wow, that cheap?! I mean it’s probably too late for that now having arranged the dorm and all, but I wouldn’t have thought that renting a room off-campus would come THAT cheap (also never heard of month-to-month rentals where I come from).

Yeah Kaohsiung in general is cheap, and $8000/month seems to be the going rate for most studio rooms for NSYSU students (or $4000 per person, if there are two of you).

Most places in this neighborhood go by semester, or just month-to-month, since the renters are students.

1 Like

It’s very very true.

KTVs are not places to go get down and dirty with partners. Only sex workers that are already there

In case you misunderstood me, I didn’t mean “wrong” as in “incorrect” or “false”.

I did misunderstand you. So you meant like “inappropriate”.

My bad. Sorry.

2 Likes

Don’t suppose you could guess what nationalities they might be?

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/weirdly-specific-question-about-mainland-sex-workers/231798?u=tt

1 Like

KTVs do not provide this type of service. Happenings in KTVs are with authorized staff only and not for couples to just go get a room to play around.

You seem to have a lot of experience with “The Happening” at KTVs. :smirk:

There’s a thread for this, guess who is top poster?

1 Like

Don’t have to be part of the happening to know about the happening .

2 Likes

This is a confusing thread. Basically the OP wants to visit an MTV but he’s 25 years too late. So he’s asking if there are KTVs that serve the same porpoise.

But really he just needs a love hotel. Of which there are many.

Unless he wants to sing while making love.

1 Like

This brings up an interesting question. How do local university students here usually perform the happening if they live in the dorms? Do they actually spend money on motels regularly?

I mean, in the US it just happens in your dorm, and you just ask your roommate not to come in for 5 minutes I mean an hour.

Is that not an option for OP?