Private Schools in Taiwan Thread (For Teachers)

Pretty much all of them are always accepting resumes / applications for next school year.
Turn over wont be known until around April, May - ish.
That is usually when people give notice and new contracts are signed.

Can anybody provide ā€œcurrentā€ info on teaching at Wagor (Wise) in Taichung?? Any info would be appreciated!

So I should just throw out my CV to all of them? Lol

I would like to work at a school in Shilin/Beitou or more North since I live in Tamsui.

Wego
Thatā€™s in Beitou.
I know a few people who teach there and are happy.
http://web.wgps.tp.edu.tw/index.php?lang=en

Thank you, that would be great!

Do you know the pay/benefits they offer?

Nope.
But I would assume they have to stay competitive. So I would figure the usual salary brackets based on degree and experience. Ranges between 65000 and 85000 at most private schools. In addition you should get a paid summer and winter break as well as incentives to renew your contract, performance bonus, airfare home etc. That is what typically is in most private school contracts.

Hopefully they have air conditioning in the classrooms because that is what I miss the most since I have been working at a public school job. :sweat:

Nope - not in Beitou. Thereā€™s a Taichung international school called Wagor International School of Excellence. Wagor (WISE) for short.

I was replying to @Zapman

Wego is in Beitou
http://web.wgps.tp.edu.tw/index.php?lang=en

Capture

pretty much only true at local private schools. any decent international school would have taken care of their hiring months ago, but things can fall through and the odd opening might come up between now and the start of the new school year.

garbage Taiwanese run school run by crooks.

Are any of them perhaps forumosans?

no idea, maybe.

Hi, I work at Wagor Elementary (Right across the street from WISE) and itā€™s pretty good. Pretty standard pay and hours but the teaching staff are all very easy going and friendly. They do have air con in the classrooms (at least in Xitun). Theyā€™re hiring a few extra people because some staff are moving to the new campus in Beitun district. Iā€™m pretty new to the school but a lot of staff have been there for 10+ years and seem happy so thatā€™s a good recommendation.

1 Like

What is their salary?

Any more info on Asia American International Academy?

pm sent

Do you know whether Wego Private Senior High School is any good? I am a secondary-trained English teacher from New Zealand. But am ethnically Chineseā€¦ Not sure about my chances of securing a decent job in Taiwan, given my non-Western appearance.

donā€™t count yourself out so quickly just based on that. only wack-ass cram schools do stuff like that. this is a bilingual school and they need people who are not only bilingual but bicultural as well to help make things run a little more smoothly. Taiwanese who have grown up abroad are often tremendous assets to schools like these, so just apply.