Problems during quarantine

Salvia PCR at the airport on arrival. There now seem to be no testing requirements after that unless you start feeling unwell. They give you two rapid self tests at the airport should you develop symptoms during quarantine. If positive, a PCR is arranged.

5 Likes

That is great news. Appreciated.

1 Like

I get out on Monday so if my understanding is incorrect I’ll update.

2 Likes

Sorry, one self rapid test on your last day. From the airport arrival:

3 Likes

Sometimes they say 10 days. Good luck. It seems to be different number of days in different geographical locations.

“Lack of direct access to fresh air and natural light is a condition below human rights standards, especially when it concerns children. On a side note, daily access to fresh air and natural light is routinely recommended as a basic human right for prisoners.”

"Taiwanese authorities should be encouraged to promptly start an inquiry into these abusive practices.

International law speaks clearly that all persons who were subjected to mandatory quarantine which did not respect the above criteria have a right to ask the government for financial compensation. The CDC should promptly introduce a policy which recognizes this right in practice."

4 Likes

… and of course that’s what we are… prisoners. Even those who comply with every meaningless unscientific command are imprisoned

3 Likes

Looks comfy :sideeye:

Damn that does not look great.

Guy

1 Like

What a joke!!! Who the fuck would put people in tents like that?

2 Likes

Cheapo universities that do not know how to solve a problem with COVID positive international students whose parents cannot come and pick them up?

Just a guess here.

Guy

1 Like

Don’t go cynical on us now. It’s just another example of Taiwanese authorities judiciously tweaking policy based on what they’ve learned about omicron and recent advances in tent science. :sideeye:

Hey I never said unis were on the cusp of awesomeness.

They are wedded to piling up students in lousy dorms. I can see how this habit would continue in the time of omicron.

Guy

1 Like

Local students too. One was placed in a kitchen and made the news.

1 Like

So how have universities solved this problem? They have restricted the range of “close contacts” to family members only. :neutral_face:

Guy

Don’t ask, don’t tell…until exams are over.

Sigh.