Products from home that you'd like to see sold here

Oh, too bad.

Not pressurized spray deodorant, impossible to find

Do you have a particular product/brand in mind?

Borotalco is my favourite brand in Italia

Just chop up a banana and pour on the milk.
Also; remember to never eat it soggy

How many do you do?

Butterfinger

Normal size clothes. XL here is like a US medium. And everything is fucking super slim fit. I like slim fit myself and have well fitted clothes one. But the ones here are for twigs.

2 Likes

I’ve seen half and half at Costco recently. Hood brand if I remember right.

4 Likes

Bushmills is not bad either

just eat cardboard

2 Likes

Beef broth does exist…

https://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21813826347511

Or make your own… the beef dealer at the market sells cow bones. Boil it yourself to make beef stock.

Where do you think they get the stuff to make beef noddle soup from? If beef stock isn’t sold here it would be impossible to make beef noddle soup.

1kg of cow bone to make beef stock with…

1 Like

Thank you!
I could kiss you! But I won’t. :kissing_heart:

Yea don’t try to make beef noddle soup without beef stock or properly cooked beef stock… Taiwanese are VERY picky about beef noodle soups, it’s basically a national dish.

I believe you can make beef stock by cooking cow bones (if making light stock) with mirepoix (a 2:1:1 mix of chopped onion, celery, and carrots) for 8 hours, and strain after cooking. You can further de-grease the bone and make useful items out of the bone…

If making darker stock (like beef noodle soup) bake it in the oven until brown, then cook with mirepoix for 8 hours.

1 Like

It needs to be Taiwanese beef. Rough and rubbery or it’s not right.

So reminds me of Benny Hill Chinaman sketch . This chicken is rubbery … oh Thankyou Sir :yum:

Yeah, what’s going on with that? It’s getting aggravating. Time for me to start making my own granola.

As for this topic: I want some kind of oatmeal squares cereal. Quaker’s (I think?) used to be available here, but disappeared a few years back I believe due to excessive chemical levels (levels that are acceptable in most countries, but unacceptable here). More generally: cereal that aren’t flakes of cardboard (i.e. most of the organic stuff here) or sugar bongs. (Er, sugar bombs. But I like that auto-correct so I’ll keep it.)

Also wanted: canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes. There was a brand called EE that used to be available at Carrefour - same brand also had canned beans. Loved them. Disappeared a couple of years ago.

And: harissa. Carrefour stocked Mina Harissa briefly, a year or two back. Now gone. I’m rationing my last jar.

More frivolously: some kind of Chex snack mix (i.e. pretzels, cheerios, shreddies) in an interesting flavor, i.e. spicy or cheese. It’s one of those snacks that shows up in Taiwan every few years, and disappears after a couple of months. This did show up in Carrefour a while ago but only in an odd flavor - sweet, somehow?

Also more frivolously: different Ben & Jerry’s flavors! They’ve only ever had the same three or four flavors.

It seems to be getting worse. I emailed iHerb querying when they would restock and got a empty corporate BS response. So I have started asking questions in the public Q&A forum on each product, in the attempt of whipping up some hysteria there.

My take is either

• they are growing too fast and have some sort of inventory problem - cereals, as opposed to pills, take up a lot of space in warehouses.
  • they are not growing at all and have some cashflow issue (doubtful)

It’s also possible they’re less willing to ship those sorts of items overseas. Once in a while when I go to iHerb without logging in I’ll see a product is supposedly available, but then once I log in it’s unavailable. That may be “Oh, you’re in Taiwan? Never mind! Not for you!”

I asked them about that, and they said they are having problems with inconsistent stocking levels showing on the website. More BS probably, and I dread you might be right.

@Marco Thank you for starting this thread and sifting through the many responses :slight_smile: Here’s my list: many are agreements with things above…

Baby spinach
Cheez-its
PopTarts
Individually sized Greek yogurts such as Fage, Oikos, or Chobani
Almond Joys and Reese’s PB cups
Jimmy Dean’s breakfast sausage, links or patties

I’ll add my endorsement for Churchill’s in Shilin Carrefour as well. I haven’t bought their frozen sausage yet but they sell warm meat pies (chicken ham and mushroom, steak and ale, minced beef and onion…) and sausage rolls that are to to die for. One of my favorite lunch places when I’m nearby. Super nice guys too.

1 Like